One popular fruit which is easily everyone's favourite is the banana. Sweet in taste and easy to eat, it is common for kids as well as adults to like this fruit. One can have this fruit in raw form or can pair it with other fruits to create nice fruit baskets, which forms a real good option for gifting. Whatever be the choice, there surely are good enough reasons to have this fruit daily. Let's explore a few of them:
- Rich Source of Potassium – Bananas are enriched with potassium content and are one of the best sources to increase one's potassium intake. In fact, there are medical instances that support that having a banana every day reduces the risk of heart stroke. In fact, potassium also helps to lower the blood pressure level by great amount. So, forget medications, just consume one banana each day and get relief from high blood pressure in a few days.
- Helps in regulating digestion – Bananas are a good source of fibre. Fibres are essential to help in the smooth movement of the food through the digestive tract. This helps in proper movement of food particles and elimination of unproductive products. All the more bananas are rich in FOS. FOS or fructooligosaccharides, which are prebiotic in nature, are essentially for the growth of the bacteria, which survive in the digestive tract that help to extract important nutrients from the food particles. Hence, banana helps in regulating the digestion of the food and hence is considered to be very beneficial.
- Source of energy-Bananas are a really a very good source of. Bananas on an average have 108 calories. Having a banana each morning can help you to be energised for the entire day. In fact, bananas are considered to be a really good snack after a heavy workout. This is because it helps to increase the glucose levels in the blood. As a result, one finds replenished with energy.
- Rich source of Vitamins and Minerals – To increase haemoglobin the blood cells, one can have a banana daily, since it is rich in Vitamin B6. B6 helps to form haemoglobin and also helps in regularising the sugar levels in the body along with aiding in synthesizing amino acids. In addition to Vitamin B6, it also has potassium, magnesium and manganese.
- Good for Skin-Banana's are really good for skin. Rubbing the mashed banana pulp on the skin can help to reduce the acne and breakouts acting like a moisturizer. Since banana is power packed with minerals, the same can help to get a replenished and glowing skin.
- Reduces Stress Levels – Bananas have an amino acid tryptophan, which the body easily converts to serotonin. Serotonin is a feel-good hormone, which helps to reduce the stress levels and promotes a feeling of happiness. It also helps to improve mood levels. So, next time you feel low, just grab a banana.