Cross platform app development is the process of developing a mobile app that can be accessed on multiple OS enabled mobile devices.
The cross platform helps in maintaining one code base with multiple platforms and a code base can be easily run on different platforms, there is no need to create a separate code base for an individual operating system. And the profile page in cross platforms looks quite different from hybrid apps.
Today the development of mobile apps has rapidly spread all over the world due to the usability of cross platform development tools. This process has been continued and followed by all sizes of businesses, which has created an increased demand for mobile app development firms, particularly for mobile app development companies in Washington as they are internationally recognized for cross-platform mobile app development.
Tools and Technologies Used in Cross Platform App Development:
There are different types of companies using different tools in developing cross-platform mobile apps. Based on the project budget, and working staff the specified cross-platform mobile app can be developed. The following are the cross-platform tools which are commonly used.
- Xamarin, Appcelerator
- PhoneGap, Corona, Kony
- Embarcadero, Telerik , Salesforce
- Apache Cordova with HTML5
- Cocos2d,unity 3D
If you want to develop a mobile application for your targeted users on all major platforms like Android, iOS, BlackBerry and Windows, then contacting iOS app development company or Android app development company in Washington or in your preferred city won't be useful. You have to contact mobile application development Company that has a proven experience in cross-platform app development.
Advantages of Cross platform App Development:
- Mobile app development cost in cross platform is lesser compared to native and hybrid app development
- The tools which are used in cross platform mobile app development help to decrease the cost of development and increases the speed of the app used.
- With more platforms you develop the app you can reach diverse customers.
Disadvantages of Cross platform App Development:
- When there is an operating system gets updated then the mobile app developed for the cross platform need to be updated for specific platforms.
- The storage facility of multi platforms is difficult to manage, if the cloud option is used, you need to integrate with third parties, if your development team is experienced one, then it is difficult to integrate.
- In developing a cross mobile app, user experience plays a vital role, the screen resolutions and functions of Android and iPhone operating systems are different. So you can't expect top user experience on both platforms.
- Difficult to manage with API's with each platform, and also each mobile platform has its unique style.