Nowadays there are a number of options when it comes to choosing glasses. More and more types of lenses are becoming available to buy. Old glass lenses are now being replaced by the plastic lenses. The plastic lenses are made of polycarbonate. If you want to move try out this new type of glasses, you can go for plastic lenses, as the prescription spectacles with plastic glasses have several benefits compared to other lenses. Here are some benefits you can get from the plastic lenses for your quick review.
- Benefits of Plastic Lenses
Many people have gotten used to traditional glass lenses and most of them don't know what they are or what their benefits are. That's why there is some confusion on why people should use plastic lenses. You will be surprise when you learn the advantages of plastic lenses, and you will definitely try them out after reading these great benefits.
- Lens weight is an important consideration to the glasses users. The weight of the lenses affects your comfort. Obviously, lighter lenses are more comfortable than heavier ones. You will be pleased to know that plastic lenses are lighter than the traditional glass lenses. They fit nicely on the nose without feeling heavy. So you will not experience any spots on the sides of the nose when wearing glass for a long time.
- The plastic lenses are very comfortable to wear.
- Plastic lenses are very less prone to shattering, which makes them an excellent choice for children.
- As the lenses do not break easily, you can use them during everyday activities without any extra care. These lenses also can be used comfortably for sports spectacles or swimming spectacles.
- Plastic lenses are thinner no matter what the prescribed power is.
- Plastic lenses don't get scratched easily, and most scratches can be repaired also.
- You will be able to find several stylish frames that fit the plastic shaped lenses.
- Plastic lenses last longer than glass lenses.
Knowing all about the benefits of plastic lenses can be one of the best things you do in life. Before choosing plastic lenses, you need to know about the types of plastic lenses. You will have to choose which one is suitable for you.
- Single Vision
If you need one field of correction of your vision, these lenses can be your best option. They can be used for reading or seeing near, intermediate, or far distance.
- Bifocal Lenses
This type offers two vision prescriptions for each of the lenses to see near and far when the eye needs to adjust to both.
- Progressive lenses
Progressive lenses have different focal areas unlike trifocals and bifocals. It gives a powerful and smooth progression and there are no noticeable lines.
- Trifocal Lenses
There are three points of vision prescriptions including near, distance, and intermediate sight.
- Occupational Lenses
These lenses are not used all the time. These are for special uses, like particular jobs, hobbies, etc.
These are the most common types of plastic lenses. All of these types are available to purchase. You will have to narrow down your choice based on your needs. Plastic lenses have overcome the limitations of glass lenses. Now everybody wants to go use the most modern type of lenses. You can get a modern look with comfort with the plastic lenses on your prescription spectacles.