To prevent the temporary lack of eyeballs from turning into a real loss of sales and money for the company, you will need a quick fix.
And you'll need to implement it now.
If you are planning to update your video library with new content to reinvigorate traffic and sales, pay attention to the following diagnostic list of problems that you can fix in 60 days or less.
- Time to diagnose your main problem correctly. Before you start solving any problems, investigate where the issue began and how long it has been going on. Start by reviewing your analytic stats for drops in traffic patterns. Or view all the videos in your library for playback and sound issues. If you don't know where to begin, start by sorting your video problems into four categories for review: site traffic, user appeal, conversion rates and bounce rates.
- Check your video traffic statistics. Time to analyze your traffic stats for reasons why your videos have lost their user appeal. Review the following metrics (number of unique viewers, average video viewing time per session, number of video views per visit and number of repeat viewers) and create a systematic plan to fix them.
- Redesign your video landing pages for user appeal. A recent study by video platform KZO found that visual information is processed 60,000 times faster than text. Whether you've just launched your video landing pages or your library is a few years old, take time to look at your content with fresh eyes. Hire four or five people, or create a focus group with your top three customers, to view your videos and give you feedback on usability and content quality.
- Check your page statistics. People find your videos in one of three ways: they get a link via email or social media, the type in your video URL or they use search engines to find your content. Look at the keywords used, referrer URLS and search engine ranking to determine traffic patterns and issues with your video landing pages.
- Use various marketing techniques to build traffic. It is important not to put all your marketing eggs in one basket. To boost your traffic don't neglect audience reaching methods such as direct mail, promotional items, PPC campaigns, banner ads, social media promotion, online press releases and email newsletters.
- Review statistics for sales, leads and conversions. The single most important statistic is your conversion rate. To determine which products or services move because of your video marketing, review your analytics to track your video leads that convert to sales on your ecommerce site or website.
- Optimize your videos using sales language. If your videos are engaging and educational, review the content to make sure that your messaging helps to convert viewers into buyers. Replace your old videos with new ones that sell product benefits instead of features and include testimonials from satisfied customers.