Writing a will isn’t only very quick, easy and affordable, it’s also absolutely essential, especially if you have a family and loved ones who are dependent upon you financially. However, despite the importance of having a will written, countless people with families are yet to have a will made, placing the wellbeing of those they care about most at risk.
If you don’t have a will or the will you wrote is no longer valid because things in your life have changed, don’t put this important task off until a later date, find a local will writing business and have them help you write a will that makes sure everyone you love will be taken care of.
Four Reasons to Write a Will
There are many reasons why having a will written sooner rather than later is important, however, the following four reasons are especially important to take note of if you have a family. Here are four very important reasons to have a reputable will writer like Heritage Wills assist you with the writing of a will that will ensure your family is well-cared for after you’re no longer around:
- It can help to reduce the amount of inheritance tax that’s paid on your estate.
The less money paid in tax, the more of your estate will go to those you love the most.
- It makes the process of administering and distributing your estate easier for your family.
Without a will, administering and distributing an estate can be extremely time-consuming.
- It enables you to leave something for loved ones outside of your immediate family.
Whether a cousin or an old friend, writing a will enables you to leave something for everyone.
- It provides you with peace of mind in knowing that they’ll be well taken care of.
This last reason is one for you, as knowing that your family will be taken care of should you depart this earth provides peace of mind, so you’ll be getting something out of writing a will too!
Writing a Will – It’s Easy and Affordable
It’s actually a very simple thing to write a will, especially when you have an experienced will writer assisting you! What’s more, as you don’t need to hire a solicitor to help you write a will (you can find a will writer whose services are very cost-effective), you’ll find that writing a will is actually very affordable and that anyone can do it.
Before you start looking for a reputable will writing business in your local area (some businesses are mobile and can even come to your home), here are a few of the things that you should think about:
- Children under 18 – If you have any children under the age of 18, you will need to leave specific instructions for their safe care, instructions that meet legal requirements. You should identify the person whom you trust most to take care of your children, one who would be happy to take care of your children for you.
- Executor – The executor is the person who will be responsible for administering your will and estate once you’ve passed away. This doesn’t need to be someone in your family, what’s more, you should give some thought to their age and health, after all, you don’t want them to pass away before you do!
- Friends – Are there any friends to whom you’d like to leave something special to? Whether it’s your book collection, a painting, an heirloom or anything else of importance that you’d like to leave to someone outside your family, this should be included in the will you write.
There’s more to writing a will than what’s been outlined above, however, those are some of the most important points that you will need to give thought to before you begin writing a will.
The Importance of Choosing the Right Will Writers
It’s also very important that you choose the right will writers to help you write your will, not because there’s a likelihood of problems occurring, but more so that by having an experienced will writer aid you with the writing of your will, you will have the opportunity to ask them for advice and recommendations about any aspect of the administration and distribution of your estate.
Wills aren’t only for the wealthy and everyone with a family and loved ones will benefit from having a will written as they will enjoy the peace of mind that having a current and up-to-date will provides.