A common health problem that affects people between the ages of 45 and 65 is hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are described as inflamed and swollen veins that locate in the lowest parts of the anus and rectum. Even though they often lead to rectal bleeding, they are scarcely dangerous. Hemorrhoids also result in pain, burning sensation and severe itching. Hemorrhoids can be external and internal. External hemorrhoids present on the outer wall of the anus while internal hemorrhoids appear far inside the rectum. Even if it is an internal or external type, using aloe vera is considered as an effective and natural solution for hemorrhoids. Continue reading the article to see the best ways on how to use aloe vera for hemorrhoids.
Why Is Aloe Vera Good For Hemorrhoids?
As you may know, aloe vera contains some properties that can reduce the swollen tissues in the anus and recover from this problem quickly.
Pure aloe vera gel is composed of 99% water, 1% glycoproteins, and polysaccharides. Polysaccharides support skin repair while Glycoproteins can reduce inflammation and pain. Both glycoproteins and polysaccharides encourage the immune system of the body so that it can fight against the infections in the anus and rectum.
Aloe latex of aloe vera leaves has anthraquinone glycosides which contain potent laxative properties. It can smooth bowel movement and soften the stool. It declines the risk of hemorrhoids and prevents it from becoming worst.
Besides, the astringent effects of aloe vera shrink the size of hemorrhoids.
Top 11 Effective Ways On How To Use Aloe Vera For Hemorrhoids
In fact, you can use just aloe vera combine it with other ingredients to make an effective remedy for both external and internal hemorrhoids.
- Aloe Vera For Hemorrhoids
There are several ways for treating both internal and external hemorrhoids by using aloe vera alone.
- Pour an amount of fresh aloe vera gel on your finger.
- Apply it directly to the external hemorrhoids.
- Massage slowly the area for few minutes.
- Repeat the application 2 to 3 times a day for a few weeks.
- You can put the gel in the refrigerator for about 15-30 minutes for cooling effects.
Note: You should peel the leaf of an aloe vera and then discard its thorny edges before using.
- Make A Drink With Aloe Vera For Hemorrhoids
This effective drink will soften the stool and prohibit any agitate peristaltic move.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh aloe vera gel.
- Mix along with 1 glass of water and stir well.
- Consume the aloe vera juice.
- A person can drink up to 3 glasses of the aloe vera juice on a daily routine.
- Make An Ointment With Turmeric & Aloe Vera For Hemorrhoids
The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric turn it into an effective solution for hemorrhoids. It soothes the inflamed veins around the anus as well as inside the rectum.
- In a bowl, mix 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder with 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Combine the ingredients well in order to create an ointment.
- Apply to the anus prior to bedtime.
- Repeat this solution at least one time in a day until the fissures heal.
- Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera For Hemorrhoids
Witch hazel contains astringent property that reduces the size of inflamed blood vessels and relieves the swelling, itching, and pain of the hemorrhoids.
- Boil 1 tbsp. of the dried witch hazel in 1 cup of clean water.
- Allow it steep for about 10 minutes and then let it cool down a bit.
- Strain this tea and then mix 1 tbsp. of the organic aloe vera juice with it.
- Take a cotton ball and let it soak in the remedy
- Apply it to the affected area.
- Repeat the same way at least 3 times in a day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar & Aloe Vera For Hemorrhoids
The astringent property of apple cider vinegar can decline the swelling of external hemorrhoids by shrinking the swollen and inflamed veins.
The remedy for internal hemorrhoids:
- Combine 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera juice in a glass of water.
- Stir well and drink the remedy.
- Repeat the application twice times a day.
The remedy for external hemorrhoids:
- In a bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in the mixture
- Use this soaked cotton ball to wipe your rectum.
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times a day until the inflammation is healed.
- Almond Oil & Aloe Vera For Hemorrhoids
Almond oil hydrates the tissues and soothes inflammation, which in turn relieves the itching and burning sensation. It also has deep tissue absorption properties that reduce the inflamed tissues.
- In a bowl, pour 1 tablespoon of pure aloe vera gel and 1 tablespoon of almond oil.
- Stir well and then use a cotton ball to dip into the mixture.
- Apply the soaked cotton ball to the rectum.
- Repeat this process many times a day for best results.
If you want to discover more effective ways on how to use aloe vera for hemorrhoids, you can stay with us at the next part of this article!
- Olive Oil & Aloe Vera For Hemorrhoids
Olive oil contains effective antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that shrink the size of swollen blood vessels in the rectum and reduce inflammation. In addition, olive oil boosts the elasticity of the blood vessels.
- In a bowl, pour 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and a generous amount of olive oil.
- Mix it well by using a spoon to create a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to the hemorrhoids.
- Repeat the application 1 to 2 times a day for best results.
- Tea Tree Oil & Aloe Vera For Hemorrhoids
The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties in tea tree oil shrink the swelling of the inflamed nerves, tissues as well as relieve itching.
- Combine 3 or 4 drops of tea tree oil and a tablespoon of olive oil (or almond oil).
- Add 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel to the mixture and stir well.
- Apply a generous amount of this mixture to the hemorrhoids.
- Massage the area gently for a few minutes.
- Repeat the process twice times a day for a few weeks.
Note: It is necessary to dilute the tea tree essential oil by mixing it with other carrier oils since it is very strong in concentrated form.
- Lemon Juice & Aloe Vera For Hemorrhoids
The vitamin C and antioxidants contained in lemon juice strengthens the blood vessel walls as well as capillaries which bring relief from itching, swelling and burning sensation of hemorrhoids.
- Squeeze out the juice of a fresh lemon.
- Pour a teaspoon of fresh aloe vera gel into it and stir well.
- Apply this remedy directly to the hemorrhoids.
- At first, it may lead to a burning or tingling sensation; however, things will get better in a short time.
- Repeat the remedy once in every 3 hours.
- Coconut Oil & Aloe Vera For Hemorrhoids
The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of coconut oil ease the inflamed nerves and tissue around the anus and rectum. It boosts the speed of the healing process of the hemorrhoids.
- In a bowl, pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of pure coconut oil.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel in it and stir well.
- Put this remedy in the refrigerator for 1 hour for the coconut oil to set nicely.
- Apply s generous amount of this balm to the rectum.
- Massage the rectum gently for a few minutes.
- Potato & Aloe Vera For Hemorrhoids
Raw potatoes have the astringent properties that shrink the swelling of the inflamed tissues. Besides, it also eases the pain and burning associated with hemorrhoids.
- Wash and peel 2 medium-sized potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces then use a blender to blend them.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel to the potato paste and stir well.
- Apply this remedy to the hemorrhoids then cover with a handkerchief.
- Wait for 10 minutes and then use a clean cotton pad to wipe it off.
- The natural application of aloe vera gel leads to no side effects. However, consuming high doses of aloe latex is not safe. It results in abdominal cramps, kidney issues, and severe diarrhea.
- Pregnant women and people who are suffering from Crohn’s disease, appendicitis, colitis, or any other intestinal issues should not take aloe vera under any form.
- Soak in a bathtub filled with few inches of warm water in order to ease the hemorrhoids.
- Even though the hemorrhoids may feel itchy at times, you should fight the urge to scratch since it will damage the skin and worsen the irritation.
- Keep your rectum dry all the times and prevent moisture build up by wearing loose fitting and soft cotton underwear.
- Use some moistened wipes or cotton balls if the toilet paper is too harsh.
- Consume foods that are rich in fiber. Drink plenty of water in order to maintain normal bowel function.
Contributed by https://effectiveremedies.com/