Nutrition

A Review of Tom Brady Diet

The diet Tom Brady followed is also recognized as TB12 process. The diet plan is based on whole foods and introduced by Tom Brady, a professional American football player.

The diet is supposed to be one of the key factors for Brady’s durability in the world of professional football. The diet likewise decreases the danger of injury and enhance athleticism, healing, energy levels, and overall health.

Most of the people basically opt for the diet with one sole purpose, and that is to lose weight. They praise its outcomes; however, as per critics, it’s excessively intricate, unmaintainable when it comes to following it in the long term and not backed by strong science.

Find Out the Method to Follow Tom Brady Diet

The diet is based on the combinations of the alkaline, Mediterranean, and anti-inflammatory diets and focuses on natural, locally grown, seasonal, and slightly processed foods.

Naturally obtained fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes cover around 80% of the diet. On the other hand, grass-fed, organic, antibiotic, hormone-free lean meats, wild-caught fish, or seafood cover the rest of the 20% of the diet.

Moreover, there is a big list of foods that need to avoid or restrict to certain levels in the Tom Brady diet in view of being acidifying or extremely inflammatory. These incorporate:

DairyGMOTrans FatsIodized Salt
Nightshade VegetablesGluten-Containing FoodsCaffeine 
Most OilsAdded SugarsMonosodium Glutamate (Msg) 
SoyArtificial SweetenersAlcohol 

Additional Guidelines

Except for strict intake standards, the diet plan has some additional rules:

  • Combining Food:

The Tom Brady diet restricts from combining with other foods. In addition, you should stay away from foods that are high in protein such as meat and fish together with carb-rich ones such as brown rice or sweet potatoes.

  • Intake a lot of Liquids:

The diet plan requires you to drink a lot of water on a daily basis, but you should avoid drinking water with or around meals.

  • Timing of Meal:

The diet plan restricts you to eat within three hours of going to bed.

Would You Be Able to Lose Weight?

The diet plan of Tom Brady isn’t particularly intended or advertised as a weight loss diet. However, it’s probably going to enable you to lose weight based on a few reasons.

First of all, it carries strict norms that restrict intake of numerous foods, particularly processed ones. This works in a way to ultimately minimizing the quantity of calories you eat every day.

For example, the restriction of food combining, which may likewise lessen the range of food you eat together. This can make meals increasingly monotonous, and as per the research, it may help you naturally eat up to 40% less calories (Trusted Source).

Furthermore, the diet has a restriction on the amount of food you can intake in the three hours before bedtime; as a result, you stay away from evening snacking. Consequently, you can further decrease the daily intake of calories. (Trusted Source, Trusted Source).

The constant demonstration of the research indicates that a deficiency of calories makes you lose weight, whatever food you decide to eat.

In addition, the Tom Brady Diet is rich in fiber, for example, fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, and seeds, and urges you to drink large amount of water on a daily basis.

Based on the fact that diets that are rich in fiber help you feel fuller for longer, lessening hunger, and as a result, you lose weight. Likewise, drinking large amount of water ( around 1.5 liters) on a daily basis may drive you towards mild weight reduction (Trusted Source, Trusted Source, Trusted Source).

Though, because of its strict guidelines, the diet plan and its weight reduction advantages may not be maintainable in the more extended time frame; as a result, putting you in the possibility of weight regain.

Some Additional Benefits

  • Has the Potential to Boost Heart Health

The reason behind it is that the diet has a great deal similarity with the Mediterranean diet. As per the studies, it constantly links to boost heart health.

Both diet plans include a lot of fruits, whole grains, vegetables, olive oil, legumes, nuts, and seeds in addition to restricted amounts of lean meats and fish.

As per the research, the diet plan is designed with minimal danger of stroke, heart attacks, and death casualties due to heart disorders (Trusted Source, Trusted Source).

The diet plan has likewise the potential to decrease the danger of metabolic disorder, a bunch of risk factors, including high blood pressure, increased cholesterol levels, and blood sugar levels, that are hazardous for heart health (Trusted Source, Trusted Source).

  • Has the Potential to Defend Against Other Ailments

The diet plan may likewise defend against type 2 diabetes and other health disorders.

The intake of slightly processed food such as fruits that are rich in fiber, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds work in a way to urge you to eat less sugar spikes after meals; as a result, diminishing the risk of type 2 diabetes (Trusted Source, Trusted Source).

Moreover, the diet requires you to stay away from alcohol, processed foods, added sugars, and trans fats. This may diminish inflammation in your body, which is believed to be the fundamental driver of numerous diseases (Trusted Source, Trusted Source).

In conclusion, as per the research that the entire, slightly processed foods that the diet incorporates may shield against health conditions such as IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease), Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and even a few sorts of cancer (Trusted Source, Trusted Source).

  • Has the Potential to Boost Athletic Performance

Some characteristics of the diet may be helpful to support athletic performance and healing.

For example, the diet is full of vitamins, minerals, and useful plant compounds that together work in a way to improve the immune system and restrict excess inflammation. Both are significant for ideal athletic performance and healing (Trusted Source).

This aspect is significantly important for professional athletes, whose bustling competition and travel schedules can result in the destruction of the immune system and restrict rehabilitation (Trusted Source).

Recommended Foods

  • Fruits and Vegetables:

The foods in this category should be organic, non-GMO, locally grown, and seasonal.

  • Meats:

This category includes specifically leaner meats, for example, chicken, steak, and duck, which are required to be organic, grass-fed, and without any hormones.

  • Fish & Seafood:

These are required to be wild-caught.

  • Whole Grains:

These are required to be without gluten, for example, brown rice, quinoa, oats, millet, and more.

  • Legumes:

These incorporate all beans, peas, and lentils.

  • TB12 Products & Supplements:

The product in this category incorporates whey protein powder, vegan protein bars, and more.

The diet plan includes around 80% of plant foods, whereas the rest of the 20% can be comprised of grass-fed, organic, antibiotic, and without hormone lean meats. The organic weight loss products can also be combined, but it is highly recommended to consult with an expert before following this combined plan.

Foods to Stay Away from In the Tom Brady Diet Plan

  • Foods That Contain Gluten:

In this category, the food includes bread, pasta, breakfast cereals, pastries, and wheat-flour-based foods of any sort.

  • Foods & Drinks that are Caffeinated:

In this category, the items include coffee, tea, energy drinks, soft drinks, and chocolate.

  • Foods That Contain Dairy Items:

In this category, the items include milk, cheese, and yogurt.

  • Processed Grains:

In this category, the items include pasta, white bread, and white rice.

  • Foods That Are Non-Organic, Non-Local, or Non-Seasonal:

In this category, the items include conventionally grown vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and more.

  • Foods That Are Factory Farmed:

In this category, you need to stay away from non-organic, hormone-or meats that contain antibiotics.

  • Cooking Oils:

In this category, almost all sorts of cooking oils are restricted, which excludes coconut oil.

  • Soybeans:

The Tom Brady diet plan requires you to stay away from soybeans, and all foods obtained got from this legume.

  • Processed Foods:

Candy, soft drinks, store bought sauces, and items containing added sugars are discouraged.

  • GMOs:

You need to stay away from foods that are genetically modified (GMO).

  • Iodized Salt:

You need to stay away from iodized salt and opt for Himalayan pink salt.

  • Alcohol:

Any sort of alcohol intake is strictly discouraged.

To Conclude Things:

You are encouraged to intake foods that are rich in nutrient, slightly processed, and restrict processed ones in the Tom Brady diet.

The diet plan also has the potential to help you lose weight, safeguard against several diseases, and boost athletic performance along with recuperation.

In any case, it’s superfluously restrictive, not based on sound science, and challenging to maintain in the long term.

Author Bio:

Joseph Carey has been a successful chiropractor for a long time. He owns an organic weight loss products company (https://mybestnaturalhealth.com). Furthermore, he is a dynamic speaker on health and wellness who can inspire and transform audience to bring health and well-being to another level!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*