Congenital heart defects are the heart problems pertaining to its structure, which is often seen after the birth. These can involve the issues pertaining to interior walls of the heart, the heart valves along with finding problems in arteries, veins, which carry the blood from body or heart. With this defect you can find the usual blood flow of the heart changes. When it comes to types of the said disorder, there are many, which can range from simple defect without having any symptoms to the complex ones like live threatening ones. Indian has been ranking high when it comes to treating the heart ailments, thanks to the high quality infrastructure that can lead things in a right shape. The cardiologist are par in terms of experience and expertise, which cater quality services at much of the affordable cost thus giving the global patients to prefer India for cardiac treatments including the congenital heart issues.
Symptoms of Congenital heart defects
Though one may not find much of the heart related symptomsyet one can find a couple of symptoms of congenital heart defects, you can find a number of these that can range from simple to the complex ones depending upon the conditions. Some of these symptoms can be jotted down as under:
- Shortness found in breath
- You experience problems with your physical exercises or work out sessions
- The symptoms pertaining to congenital heart disease among kids and infants can therefore include:
- A bluish tint seen over their skin, lips and fingernails, which is technically called as cyanosis
- Experience Fast breathing along with getting poor feeding
- Extensively poor weight gain
- Getting a much of the lung infections
- Unable to do any exercise
So, if you experience any of these symptoms, you are supposed to check with the doctor immediately so that the further course of action can be chalked out for the patient suffering from Congenital heart defects.
Types of congenital heart defects
When it comes to the types of congenital heart defects, there are several in the row, let’s check them as under:
- Septal defects: It is a hole found in the septum, which is a wall that divides the heart. This defect if further categorized in two ways – atrial septal defects (ASD) and ventricular septal defects (VSD). These is among the most common issues.
- Stenosis: This is narrowing down of the valves, which can result in hampering the pumping functions of heart.
- Regurgitation: This prevents the valve in hampering the close and opening of the valve properly and thus allow the blood to leak at the backward direction.
- Atresia: This defect is all about missing a hole that prevents the blood to pass through, which is considered to be a complex defect for heart.
Some of the other congenital heart defects are as under:
- Coarctation of the aorta
- Complete atrioventricular canal defect (CAVC)
- D-transposition of the great arteries
- Ebstein’s anomaly
- Single ventricle defects
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Total anomalous pulmonary venous connection
At times this heart ailment can improve without having any treatment, while others can be too trivial to treat. However, most of the times, this can be serious and would need a proper treatment, which comes in the form of surgery or medications. The medications can include diuretics that help in regulating the quantity of salts, water and other things that help things to improve. However, some of the defects would need a surgical procedure that will help in restoring the circulation back to normalcy and in a couple of cases the patient with CHD can have multiple surgeries. With interventional cardiology one can find minimally invasive options for carrying out a different set of surgeries, which has its own benefits. In most of the cases, the patient would need lifelong specialized treatment, first it can be accomplished by pediatric cardiologists and later with congenital doctors.