Health

Best Ways to Prevent Deadly Diseases

As a living being, you are bound to fall ill. Almost every organism becomes sick sometime or the other. However, the intensity varies. However, one of the best things to remain healthy is to prevent diseases. It, no doubt, is difficult. And no one can guarantee that he would be able to prevent all kinds of ailments with 100% success. That's why millions of people still die from different kinds of diseases every year. Yet, people can practice some of the basic things to ensure that they do not fall ill too often and lead a healthy life.

IMG_4812_700x261[1]

Plan the Diet Prudently

The most important thing that you need to follow for good health is, of course, a balanced diet. There's a common adage that even in this world where millions of people live below the poverty level, following wrong food habits kill more people every year than starvation do. It is important to avoid a lot of things, which include:

  • Refined carbohydrates and sugar
  • Saturated fats
  • Trans fats
  • Cholesterol

All these usually cause different types of deadly ailments. Some of them can be:

  • Diabetes
  • Heart diseases
  • Cancer

Hence, it is important to choose healthy foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables and plan the diet prudently.

Maintain the Right Cholesterol Level

The right cholesterol level of a person is somewhere between 200 ml/DL or lower. Did you know that majority of your body's cholesterol, which adds up to as much as 80%, is made by the liver? Only the remaining 20% comes from your diet. So, no matter how eagerly you are maintaining a diet plan, you can still have cholesterol. Until and unless you make sure whether the liver in your body is functioning properly or not. So, it is important for you to check on a regular basis whether your liver is creating more cholesterol than it actually should or not.

High Blood Pressure can be Deadly

Did you know?

  • One out of three American adults has high blood pressure!

Even many of these people who have been diagnosed with high blood pressure were not aware. It is such a thing, which cannot be understood beforehand. Hence, it is important that you check your blood pressure on a regular basis. A consistently high blood pressure level, which is usually above 120/90, can cause different types of heart diseases. The best ways to do away with this problem include:

  • High activity levels
  • Maintaining an optimum weight
  • Low salt intake

Keep Diabetes Away

Diabetes is a disease, which is usually known as a silent killer. You won't even know the way it gradually affects the kidney and different other organs. It affects the heart severely. This is why the American Heart Association agrees that managing the correct blood sugar level is one of the seven metrics for managing the proper health of the heart. The result is that a large number of organs can be damaged, which include:

  • Heart
  • Eyes
  • Kidneys
  • Nerves
  • Liver

Hence, it is important for you to keep the blood sugar levels optimum through proper intake of sugar.

The Best Ways to Remain Healthy

It is important to know how to prevent diseases. If you want to keep the diseases away, the best thing you can do is stay fit. And there are various ways to do that as well. It is important to quit smoking. It is one of the major killers in the modern world. Besides, you should have a proper sleep on a regular basis. Sleeping seven to eight hours every day is usually helpful. However, the most important thing is to exercise on a regular basis. It helps to keep you fit and prevent different kinds of diseases.

Information shared by phlabs.com

A post by Kabir Raja (78 Posts)

Kabir Raja is author at LeraBlog. The author's views are entirely his/her own and may not reflect the views and opinions of LeraBlog staff.
Kabir Raja is a hardware engineer by profession. But that does not prevent him from showing interest in a variety of fields. He is also a web enthusiast and loves to blog on topics ranging from fashion to wedding and from security to environmental issues. Follow me on Google +

2 Comments

  1. Unfortunately nor everyone understands that in order to be healthy you need to be aware of what food are you putting in your body, how much water you drink or how much you do physical exercises.

  2. While the number of measures talked about are extensive there can be perhaps some more ways-
    1.Keep talking to friends and families. Loneliness increases the onset of diseases more.
    2.Eat your fair share of water and shower as much as possible.
    It is through our relation to water that we can survive.

Do you have any questions? Please ask.