Words said by Albert Schweitzer is deep enough to understand ”Ethics is nothing else than reverence for life“. Every business either small or big needs to be professional while working with their clients or dealing with other business or big firms. This behavior not only makes their contacts strong but also builds confidence among their customers in dealing with them. It also increases faith among the employees. If you want to get ahead, be taken seriously, and make your clients think of you as an asset to them, doing things in a professional way is essential and business ethics are must.
No one will ever tell you closely their own observation of what being professional means. However we just know what it feels like being an unprofessional, as we gain some experience. Would you like to work with a business that is unprofessional, I think that would be a NO. Being unprofessional can be finishing projects late within your given time, procrastinating and many more things like being unprepared whilst your presence in any meetings, spending time talking here and there at work.
While some other ways can be: Treating people with disregard, unnecessarily keeping them to wait. Using their work under your name and killing their enthusiasm. Saying anything to your colleagues and then doing the complete contrary. Promising and then breaking them frequently. From your customer's point of view, making them wait on the phone for hours while gossiping around. Don't just let them hear dead air when you put them on hold, tell them that their calls are important and you can also install Music or message on hold services on your business telephone sets to keep your callers from hanging up the call. Various companies provide on hold music services at affordable prices, to save your business. You can visit the website M2 and look over some samples of music on hold for your better understanding.
What is professional behavior?
Most people would almost certainly find it easy to say that what being unprofessional is, they can also give examples of the people to which they have dealt with being unprofessional, and it is so much easier to remember that. We can say that it is much easier to know what to do than not to do.
Professional behavior can be shown to others by:
- Accepting your mistakes
- Doing fair deals and without cheating.
- Show some respect towards others
- Develop qualities like dependability and truthfulness
- Always accepting criticism and feedbacks positively
- Some things not to be disclosed so keeping them confidential
- Being true and polite when giving feedbacks to others
- Being well-mannered and behave good to others
- If any misunderstanding or mistake happen then apologizing for it
- Keeping individual's opinions only up to you
- You should less talk and more of a listener
- Dealing with vulnerable issues on your own
- Being on time of every commitment you make or for your office hours
- Doing work on time without procrastinating or leaving it for other people to do
In your business if you do not get professional, no one would ever respect you or would prefer to deal with you. This may be bad for you as well as for your business. Being professional means to take responsibility and doing their work on time. They need to reflect on the consequences and the impact on others.
Always try to follow these codes of conduct when possible:
- Always make sure when reaching your office you show up in appropriate outfit and good health.
- After making any commitment, always ensure to follow through with it, otherwise you will lack of faith in the eyes of others.
- Always try to provide best quality services to your customers
- Always keep yourself updated and prepare before presenting anything or going to a meeting
- Always be unbiased by keeping personal intolerance and prejudice away from your business environment.
- Always have enough confidence and make yourself clear with every topic, just to avoid any kind of miscommunication
- Only one thing is fundamental and that is Honesty, circumvent from the nominal amount of lies even
- If by any means you get delayed in doing your work, make sure that the other person is aware of that as soon as you can.
- Pay your tax and bills on time and never cheat on even a small amount of the bill or it may cost you in future.