E-scooters, also known as electric scooters are-scooters, run on electricity. E-scooters have been considered as the next generation of mopeds according to various surveys and researchers. Unlike the regular scooters or bikes which run on fuel, the e-scooter runs on electricity. It creates less pollution than the regular scooters or bikes and is eco-friendly as they function on electricity. The e-scooter has a plug-in point from which its batteries can be recharged. Basically, how e-scooters function is that the electricity which is needed for them to run is stored in a rechargeable battery which in turn helps in the functioning or driving of the electrical motors. E-scooters do differ from motorcycles though as they do possess a step-through frame.
The history of e-scooters dates back to early 1996 whereby an aluminum scooter which was foldable in nature was created by a person named WimOuboter originating to Switzerland who worked for Micro-Mobility System. The scooter was later sold by the name of ‘Micro Skate-scooter’ and also ‘Razor.’ There are several reasons and advantages why an electric scooter should be bought.
Advantages of Buying an E-scooter:-
- Alternate Mode of Transportation: One of the main advantages of owning an e-scooter is that it acts as an alternate mode of transportation. An e-scooter is much more efficient than the regular bicycle or skateboard or the regular scooter. It is user-friendly too as it does not contain complex gears. With the press of one throttle, the user can travel smoothly. The speed of some of these e-scooters is amazing as they can travel around at the speed limit of 25 km per hour.
- Eco-Friendly: Another advantage of using e-scooters is that they suppose an eco-friendly in usage. With all the pollution that is caused to the environment due to the use of modern-day vehicles like cars and buses and even motorcycles and scooters which run on fuel, the e-scooters run on electricity, thus making them eco-friendly as they do not create pollution.
- Registration Requirements: Another great advantage of possessing an e-scooter is that unlike e-bikes, e-scooters do not require registration. The user can save themselves a lot of time as they do not have to go through the unnecessary and time-consuming hassle of going through the registration process. Usually, the registration process takes a lot of time.
- Easily Portable: This is another great advantage which the user experiences which owning an e-scooter. E-scooters are easily portable as most of the e-scooters which are manufactured are foldable. Due to this nature if any repairs are required to the electric scooters they can easily be carried by the user without much hassle. The fact that these-scooters can be folded makes it very convenient for the user to carry from place to place.
- Safety: Another advantage of using the e-scooter is that unlike regular scooters or bikes they are much safer to use. The safety comes from the fact that e-scooters unlike regular scooters which run on the road can use on pathways where pedestrians walk. Due to this feature e-scooters become much safer than other vehicles as there is less chance of an accident.
- Varied Choices: One more advantage of buying the e-scooter is that there are various choices to choose from. The user gets multiple choices like for example lightweight while the others are heavyweight. E-scooters vary in sizes too. There are e-scooters which come with seats while others may differ. The user may pick according to whatever is convenient for them.
- Easier to Maintain: Another advantage of owning an e-scooter is that they are much easier to maintain. The maintenance costs of e-scooters are relatively cheaper than the conventional scooters. The durability of e-scooters is much better than the regular scooters. Some of the e-scooters come with solid tires which reduces the chances of having flat tires. Some of the basic maintenance like the tightening of the screws and other maintenance work related to the brake pad can be done easily from home.
- Easier to Park: Another big advantage of having an e-scooter is that they can be parked anywhere and with ease. Due to the design, these scooters are so compact that they are extremely portable. As discussed above most of these scooters are foldable, making them portable. Due to their portability, they can be easily parked.
- Easier to Assemble: One more advantage of using an e-scooter is that they are very easy to assemble. When purchasing the e-scooter, it comes with an assembly manual. The assembly manual consists of simple instruction which any layman can follow to assemble their e-scooter. Usually, it would take a layperson not more than ten mins to assemble the e-scooter.
- Cost Effective: One of the greatest advantages of purchasing an e-scooter is that they are very cost effective. The most highly priced e-scooter is still cheaper than a regular motorcycle. It is cost effective and easier on the pockets for any user who purchases it.
These are only a few of the various advantages which the user may experience while purchasing an e-scooter. People residing in places like Singapore who are always in a time crunch can benefit by purchasing an electric scooter. Thus, from the above discussion, it can be noted that there are various reasons and advantages why a user should go for an e-scooter rather than the regular scooters or motorbikes.