Blogging has been for two decades now and like technological advancements, blogging has also evolved over the years and undergone a sea change. The behaviour of people in the online space has changed, as well and it is increasingly becoming difficult to tag the behaviour into one specific pattern why is why all the reason for strategizing keywords more efficiently for a successful blogging expedition.
In the present day and age, there are approximately 3.5 billion searches processed by Google alone on a daily basis. That being said, many people are searching than ever before via search engines and in the process, exploring and discovering content including blog content. Hence, such an opportune time for bloggers to explore further and reach out to more people with the power of keywords and with the efficient usage of the right keywords in their content strategy, it’s a sure-fire way for the blog to rank high in the search results – all the more, all the chance for the people to visit the blog and get views. Many Search Engine Optimization Service providers are doing many things but they are not focusing on optimization despite choosing 10+ keywords for SEO Work.
Here’s a lowdown on how one can sow the seed of keyword research in the game of blog to reap a golden harvest and mettle up to strategize content by honing the skills of stitching keywords that will rank your blog higher up.
What Do You Mean By Keywords & Keyword Research?
Keywords are the words people type in or speak into a search engine to seek information (usually more information) about a particular topic of interest.
People use Google or any search engine for that matter to search and gain information about anything such as how one can increase web traffic, to buy something – can be a fishing rod even, best restaurants in Sydney, etc – anything under the sun.
Each search query by an individual (searcher) in a search engine is an attempt to access more information – say on any particular topic and in the process, the search engine retrieves and serves the searcher – a bouquet of information on the same subject.
From the bogger’s perspective, the blogger should be aware of the questions people are typing into the search engine – to be precise these words constitute the keywords so that the blogger can write and cater to the searchers by furnishing and delivering meaningful information.
Where Do You Find The Treasure Trove Of Keywords?
There are tools termed keyword research tools that will assist you to discover and find keywords that you need to integrate into your blog. Here’s a list of the tools:
Google Keyword Planner
One of the best keyword research tools in the circuit which helps you to research keywords for your Search related campaigns. This is a free tool that helps you to discover new keywords related to your blog. The tool is engineered and architected to catch eyeballs by focusing on advertising.
Moz’s Keyword Explorer
This tool serves a blogger by exploring and ideating new keyword concepts by typing a word or multiple words (phrase) and in return, the tool retrieves keywords that you need to play with and strategize accordingly. Another advantage that this tool provides is that it helps you to decipher what your target audience wants so that you can stitch it to prioritize in your blogging venture.
KWFinder is an intuitive tool with loads of features in its armoury to find easy-to-rank and long-tail keywords. It gives insight into a lot many things which you can incorporate to refine your blogging strategy. Furthermore, you can dig a lot more about the audience so that you can craft to catch their attention.
Guide To Keywords Selection For Integrating In The Blogging Game Plan
First things first, one salient thing to note is that all the keywords that are being served by a keyword research tool shouldn’t be deemed important or it is not mandatory to include all the keywords as part of your game plan for blogging. When you are done making the final list of keywords, all you can do is shorten it down to sharpen your blogging strategy. Adopt these strategies to make it count:
- Select keywords that sync in with your audience – to be precise match your audience. The sense of purpose should be treated as sacrosanct. You need to delve deeper and gain access to knowing your audience that fits the bill and make the cut so that it becomes a tad easier for you to discover and filter keywords from the list the searchers have used to search.
- Exercise due diligence when it comes to keyword’s search volume. One needs to look at each keyword’s search volume with assiduity. What it does is it gives a reflection of an approximate number of internet users who have used that very keyword for searching – every month. The bottom line is that you need to zero in on those keywords that people use frequently for searching and incorporate those as you bring your blog to light.
- You are not a good doctor if you examine your patients without the diagnosis report. So, to say, you need to evaluate and scrutinize the difficulty of each word that forms your keyword. The strength of the pages that currently rank on the first page itself or in other words page 1 for that particular keyword determines the keyword score. Hence, it is recommended to whittle down the list of keywords that you contemplate to integrate by accepting those with a satisfactory difficulty score and discarding others that might act as a deterrent to rank and be found on page 1.
How Can You Make The Best Use Of Keywords As Part Of Your Blogging Stratagem?
As always, there are few cardinal rules to be at the top of the game when it comes to the usage of keywords to make it potent. Here are the tips for your blog content to dazzle:
- It is of paramount importance to maintain the keyword density as it determines the relevancy between blog content and a specified keyword or keyword phrase.
- One needs to abstain from keyword stuffing as much as possible in your blog content – all the chance of lowering the ranking of your site and negates featuring in the search results – to be precise on number 1 in the scheme of search results.
- It is recommended not to select the keywords of the competitors who are ranked higher as it makes it difficult when it comes to your ranking.
- The relevant keywords should be positioned in the very first paragraph of your blog content.
- Keywords should be integrated into the content body and the metadata and last but not least in the webpage URL.
It is time to mettle up! Now that you are enlightened on how to use keywords more efficiently in your blogging strategy – one important to ponder is that keywords are your saviour – saviour with certitude but the real thing is writing a blog for real people and focusing on blogs that have substance and is potent enough to inspire people – then there is no stopping from realizing your dream.