Timber flooring is at times also referred to as a plank or wood flooring which is generally done by using recycled wooden boards that are installed to make the flooring in your home or office. Timber flooring is not just aesthetic to look at, but it is also eco-friendly, cheap, easy to maintain, and it is available in different shades and colors. Bamboo flooring that has been made from bamboos is durable as well as versatile and reliable because of its strength when it comes to flooring. This is why they are becoming popular amongst the customers.
The Different Types of timber flooring
- Hardwood timber flooring is referred to as groove flooring system that has been installed because of its durability and also for everlasting beauty. This flooring can be installed, after sanding the floor, and it also requires very less maintenance and cleaning, since the wood does not rot or give out any toxic fumes, since no additional chemicals are used to manufacture this flooring.
- Another sort of timber flooring that is available in the market is the parquetry which is hardwearing. You can get it in two different styles that is block and mosaic. Both of them are arranged in different patterns and features which customer desires. Woods in different grades have been used in this style of flooring such as black butt, alpine ash, Tasmanian oak and lots more.
Strip timber flooring and wood mosaics to decorate your house:
- Strip timber flooring utilizes wooden planks that are arranged in grooved hardboards and narrow tongued which are nailed into the timber joists. This flooring looks good in commercial places, in shopping malls and restaurants, and they are available in a combination of light and dark colors.
- Wood mosaic flooring is similar to the wood block as arranged in basket or a herringbone weave pattern that has been mounted with the help of aluminum foil so as to form panels.
The laminate flooring is an altogether new concept to the wooden flooring as it provides the illusion of wooden floor. However, it is cheap as well as durable than wood. It also does not succumb to problems like e contraction, checking and cupping.
Installation of timber flooring: While installing timber flooring you will have to take into consideration many steps. These are as follows:
- It will first of all be necessary for you to ensure that the intended surface is smoothened and leveled before installation. You can also level the floor with some agent or filled to make it flat.
- You will be able to install timber flooring after the construction of your home and even after its renovation.
- It will be necessary for you to lay the floorboards on the floor that has been randomly staggered.
Advantages of timber floors:
When you install timber flooring in your home or office, it is a durable and strong wooden floor that provides a lot of benefits since it is as beautiful when compared to any other designer flooring. Here are some of the advantages:
- Timber flooring is able to cope with huge volume of traffic without the need for replacement as well as minimal maintenance.
- With regards to its maintenance you will only have to re-sand it or re-polish it so that it is able to retain its original luster and finish.
- It is hypo-allergic as it does not extract allergens and dirt.
- Good insulator
- Low maintenance
With so many benefits why don't you get one for yourself? There are many online and offline timber flooring manufacturers.
Contributed by http://www.crystalclearfloors.com.au/