Hydration is critical for healthy skin because water comprises a large percentage of the skin’s structure. Skin cells need water to grow and shed properly. Without adequate water intake, skin can become dry, flaky, wrinkled, and irritated. Drinking enough water and using moisturizers helps the skin retain moisture and maintain elasticity and smooth texture. Hydrated skin appears plumper and younger. Proper hydration also improves skin cell regeneration, circulation, oxygenation, and nutrient delivery, all of which promote healthy, glowing skin. When you focus on hydration for your face, your skin feels gentle and rejuvenated. But your face will start looking wrinkled and flaky due to a lack of adequate hydration. Moreover, you might start noticing redness, itching, and an escalation of other skin woes when your skin is dehydrated. Dig into this article to understand why you should prioritize hydration as part of your skincare regimen.
1. Keep your skin young and healthy
A buildup of dead skin cells is a common issue with dehydration. The accumulated dead skin cells create a dull complexion. But hydration makes your skin softer, plumper, and more youthful. Using proper hydration products for your skin will help retain the healthy glow of your face.
2. Improves skin elasticity
Elasticity refers to your skin’s ability to stretch and return to its original shape. With more candles on the cake, your skin tends to lose its elasticity. It makes your skin saggy, leathery, or crinkled. You also begin noticing wrinkles and fine lines due to a loss of elasticity. The right hydrating products for your face will improve elasticity and remove the visible signs of ageing.
One of the key hydration products to add to your skincare routine is a moisturiser. You can start using the Waterlight Gel Moisturiser from The Pink Foundry to fulfil the hydration requirements of your face. It provides up to 72 hours of hydration to your face.
3. Minimises sensitivity
Hydrating your skin can protect it from environmental factors, harsh cleansers, and different dermatological conditions like psoriasis and eczema. You will also be able to get rid of itching and irritation with proper hydration. Moreover, hydration can provide fast relief when your skin flares up.
Choosing the right skincare product to achieve proper hydration for face can be a little challenging when you have sensitive skin. Thankfully, the Acne Care & Healing Gel Moisturiser with Tea Tree & Cica can help keep sensitive skin issues at bay while enhancing your skin’s moisture levels.
4. Prevents greasiness
If your skin feels oily and greasy, dehydration might be a key reason. Due to the low levels of moisture, your skin will activate the sebaceous glands and produce sebum. This excess oil production can clog your pores and lead to acne and pimples.
Skin hydration is necessary for keeping your body balanced. Face hydrating products will regulate sebum production and prevent your pores from clogging.
5. Helps with detoxification
The body produces various toxins as by-products while running the metabolic process. Some toxins can build up in the skin and make it look dull. Consuming adequate water and using the best hydration products will help flush out these toxins. As a result, your skin will look radiant and youthful. The Clearing & Calming Acne Face Wash will help eliminate toxins from your skin and soothe your skin from deep inside.
Additional details on why hydration is key for healthy skin
- Water makes up 70% of our skin. When skin is dehydrated, it loses water content which reduces elasticity and makes skin more prone to showing signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles. Proper hydration helps skin retain moisture and a more youthful, plump appearance.
- Hydration supports healthy skin cell function. Skin cells require water to carry out basic functions like generating new cells and shedding dead ones. Dehydration impairs these cellular processes leading to a buildup of dead cells on the skin’s surface.
- Hydrated skin better resists transepidermal water loss, which is the evaporation of water from the skin’s surface. This keeps skin moisturized and less prone to dryness and flaking.
- Drinking enough water and using moisturizers containing humectants like glycerin helps draw moisture into the skin’s outer layers. This adds water content to the skin and acts as a protective barrier.
- Hydration improves blood flow to the skin, providing vital nutrients to skin cells. It also keeps skin looking radiant and healthy with a natural glow.
- Hydrating the skin helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Moisture makes skin look plumper and minimizes the look of wrinkles.
So in summary, proper hydration is critical for maintaining the optimal moisture balance and health of skin cells and the skin barrier. This gives skin a smoother, more youthful and radiant appearance.