10 Helping Hands to Cut Off Your Electricity Bills
The present generation is getting very careless and they forgot to switch off the lights, fans and other equipments after their usage is over. You are not only wasting the resources but you are also increasing your electricity bills. You cannot argue with 21st generation kids but yes you can take some measures to save electricity, resources as well as your electricity bills.
Many countries have taken various steps for making their country green and clean and to move in the direction of natural resources like wind energy, solar energy and geothermal energy for saving their resources to save energy. It is true that we cannot completely be dependent on fossil fuels but at least we can minimize the use of non-renewable resources.
The truth is all this is really difficult. So do not worry, in this article we are going to discuss various methods with which you can save your electricity bill and if happens in the right direction you will be helping your future generation in saving some energy.
- When you are using Air conditioners in your room then the standard temperature for a thermostat will be between 75Â°F and 78Â°F. With every degree that you raise the temperature of your thermostat it will help you in saving 5% of the total cost of your cooling.
- Make sure that you clean the outside air of the conditioner condenser coil every year. Turn off the AC before cleaning things and spray the coils with water at low pressure for removing dust, leaves and any other dirt particles if present.
- When the day is already very hot, close the curtains, blinds and all the shades of your room. Keep away the sun with vertical louvers outside of your windows.
- When you are using freezers at your home do not forget to defrost your freezers on regular basis. The frost that gets collected increases the amount of energy that is required for keeping your refrigerator at a proper temperature. Always take care that there should be no frost in the fridge more than a quarter of an inch.
- Do not keep your refrigerator in direct contact with the sunlight or the gas stove. This hinders the performance of your refrigerator.
- When not in use keep the doors of your refrigerator close making it to work efficiently.
- While purchasing a refrigerator, do not buy a larger fridge than required. Having a larger one will only help you in wasting the energy.
- When you buy any kind of home appliance or any energy consuming appliance make sure that it is written that the product is energy efficient. This makes sure that it won't waste much of the energy.
- While washing clothes, wash them in warm water or cold water but do not use hot water. This will help you save a lot than using hot water.
- Do not keep the plugs plugged in the plug holes because they always draw energy even if they are not in use.
So keeping these things in mind you can save up to 40% of your total electricity bills. It's just about getting started. Once you get habitual to the things you will love to save energy. If not for nature at least do it for your family.