The Jeep Wrangler SUV is not suited for everyone. Whether you should go for it or not depends on a few factors ranging from your budget constraints to your sense of adventure.
Meaning, an enthusiast who’s passionate about sports cars, in general, would definitely not love to go for a Jeep Wrangler.
On the other hand, if your sense of adventure lies in the depth of the rugged mountain terrains and off-road drives, you would probably be in love with the Wrangler. You will get our point by taking just a look at the vehicle. Take a quick peek at the image below.
The majestic Jeep Wrangler Islander
Why go for a Jeep Wrangler?
Like we said before if your passion is off-road adventures, the Wrangler should definitely be your way to go.
The Jeep Wrangler is commonly considered to be a crude form of SUV, but it’s something more than that. It’s more about making a statement.
A Wrangler gives you the freedom to drive almost anywhere you want. It also proves the fact that the owner is still quite youthful at heart (which is also a style statement on its own).
So, if you want to get into the limelight for all the things mentioned up above, go for the Wrangler with your eyes closed.
The Pros and the Cons of owning a Wrangler
The Jeep Wrangler does come with a few upsides and downsides. In this article, we’ll see to that in greater detail. So let’s begin.
- The Wrangler exhibits a 4×4 ability that allows you to drive to places that you have never been before (for example, off-road drives; an example image is shown below).
Jeep Wrangler off-road driving
- Exceptional ground clearance. This makes it easy to handle any road anywhere.
- The classic design of a Wrangler goes so easy on the eye.
- The Wrangler gives you the option to take its doors and top off (they are detachable) on beautiful sunny days, thereby making it possible for you to enjoy the drive in the best possible manner.
- The Wrangler is a great all-season vehicle. It can handle the harsh cold winters of the mountains and sweltering heat of the deserts with bare ease and comfort.
- The durability of a Wrangler is right off the charts provided proper maintenance is done on a regular basis.
- The Wrangler can give you a host of customizable options after purchase. You can truly make your jeep your own by using accessories and after market items to customize your vehicle to the way you see fit.
The Wrangler gives its owners a host of customizable options
- Do you want to be a DIY mechanic and improvise the jeep yourself for your good? The Jeep gives you the option to do exactly that.
- The Jeep Wrangler has an excellent resale value in the used vehicle market.
- The Wrangler exhibits a good heating system.
- The Wrangler has an average low maintenance cost. Its parts are comparatively inexpensive to repair and also have an easy availability in the market.
- If you are too concerned about driving luxury and have no affinity for adventure, you just won’t like the Wrangler. The Wrangler’s not made for smooth on-road driving or cruising. It’s also not a passenger vehicle. It’s purely an adventure vehicle and nothing more than that.
- Hauling things like (groceries, luggage, etc.) can be a problem for Wrangler. It doesn’t have a separate truck compartment for such purposes like that.
- The ride can turn out to be noisy indeed.
- The Wrangler has a week acceleration rate.
- The vehicle has a firm suspension which may actually result in a stiff and bumpy ride. If you are one who’s primarily into sports cars, you would definitely NOT like it.
- The Wrangler doesn’t have an aerodynamic body (which seems obvious from the image shown below). Meaning, it has greater resistance to the wind thereby, increasing wind noise at the same time.
- The vehicle has a poor fuel economy rate (but that’s almost too typical of an SUV and you should be aware of the same from a wider sense of view).
So that’s pretty much it then.
But before we sign off for the day, here’s an advice for you: Before you go all in for a Jeep Wrangler, consider weighing up the pros with that of the cons; and then if you feel it can do you good from your requirement’ point of view, go for the same with your eyes closed and hands tied behind your back. We wish you the very best of luck with this purchase of yours. Cheerio!