The home is one place we all feel safe and secure. That is why we make sure to always keep it clean and hygienic, so our families remain happy and healthy at all times. However, maintaining cleanliness in the very place we eat, sleep, and live in can be quite a challenge when we don’t always have the luxury of time. From simple chores like organising the closet to more complex ones like carpet cleaning, anything that has something to do with keeping the home spick and span becomes a daunting task for anyone who’s always busy all the time.
Even with a hectic schedule, there are simple ways you can do to keep your home a healthy space. It is important to allot even just a few minutes of your time for this task to prevent the spread of illness-causing germs in your home. This is especially true when you have kids who are prone to allergies or have pets that can bring dirt from the lawn to the house.
Easy Ways to Keep your Home Germ-free
Disease-causing germs don’t only thrive in the different areas of the home but also in the things that we use. On top of cleaning dirt-prone spots, you should give extra attention to items that you touch on a daily basis.
Below are simple house cleaning techniques that won’t take so much of your time. Some tasks can be done in 20 minutes tops every day, whilst others only need to be done once a week or every few weeks.
- Sanitise faucets, doorknobs, refrigerator handles, light switches, computer keyboards, phone handsets, and remote controls. These frequently used items should be sanitised every few weeks using disinfecting wipes.Children’s toys should also be cleaned with a bleach and water solution in the dishwasher. Stuffed animals, on the other hand, must be sanitised in the dryer.Use disinfecting wipes to clean the surfaces of your cell phone as well as other tech devices. Just be extra careful not to get the sensitive areas of your devices too wet.
- The kitchen is home to many bacteria, so make sure to clean the spots in this area where germs mostly thrive. Clean the countertop, sink, and faucet using an antibacterial cleanser or just soap and water. Sponges and brushes should be sanitised in the dishwasher and the dishrags in the washing machine. Don’t forget to disinfect the kitchen sink and drain, which you can do two times per week using a bleach and water solution.
- Clean your bathroom/shower once a week using a disinfectant cleanser. Pay attention to the bathroom floor and the sides of the bathtub and shower. Make sure to rinse thoroughly and use a towel to dry the surfaces.
- Items in the bedroom like your bedding and bedside table as well as the bedroom floor can be a breeding ground for germs. Wash bedding using hot water once a week to remove dust mites and dead skin cells. Mop the floor and use a disinfecting cleanser to clean the surfaces
- A dusty carpet can cause allergic reaction, so make sure to spend a few minutes of your time on carpet cleaning. Vacuum the carpets and floors, and whilst you’re at it, include the counters, bookshelves, and soft furnishings as well. Remove dust on the floors by wet-mopping them at least once a week.
These quick fixes help a lot to keep your home illness-free, especially if you don’t have a lot of time in your hands. Keep in mind, though, that some items in the house that are more prone to dirt, like your carpets, should be subjected to a more thorough cleaning. For this task, hiring professional carpet cleaners is a smart move any busy individual should consider.
Thorough Carpet Cleaning Should Be Done by Professionals
Vacuuming, whilst can remove dust and dirt, doesn’t completely eliminate allergens and other substances that may cause allergies and infections. Carpets should be tackled by a competent carpet cleaning services company that has the experience and equipment necessary to thoroughly clean your carpets.
Carpet cleaning companies boast services that not only clean carpets but maintain their quality and appearance as well. From carpet shampooing and dry cleaning to steam cleaning/hot water extraction, you can make sure that your carpets get the deep cleaning they deserve to eliminate all allergy- and infection-causing substances.
Professional carpet cleaning services also use the safest and most trusted techniques, cleaning agents, and equipment to protect the beauty and quality of your carpets as they are being cleaned. You can rest assured that your carpets will look good as new, with their fabric and colours intact and in pristine condition.
If you have specific requirements for carpet cleaning, you can also trust carpet cleaning companies to meet your unique needs. A company that offers a customized approach to cleaning carpets that can be tailored to suit a homeowner’s specific requirements. Whether you want a light or deep clean, you can work out a bespoke method with your carpet cleaner to suit your needs.
When on the lookout for carpet cleaning services, make sure to partner with a company that has licensed specialists and uses methods and equipment that have passed industry standards. It doesn’t hurt, too, to hire a company that cares for the environment.
Supplement your simple house cleaning techniques with the help of a carpet cleaning company to ensure that your carpets stay clean, fresh, and disease-free. Remember that it is your responsibility to keep your home a safe and healthy haven for you and your family.