Have you recently found mold in your living quarters? It’s something that is commonly found in basements, kitchens, and bathrooms because water is easily found in those parts of the home but that doesn’t mean you won’t find it growing in other rooms, including the bedroom, attic, or even the living room. It all depends on what is causing the moisture that leads to this type of growth.
Several different types of mold may appear in a home, but black mold is one of the worst ones to find because it can trigger an allergic reaction. It’s problematic for more than just one reason. Even if it’s not causing an allergic reaction, the toxic fumes released into the air are not good for your health and may cause you to have trouble breathing. If you’ve been coughing more often than usual and you don’t know why, it’s possible that this is the culprit. Because of its ability to cause multiple health problems, the best thing for you to do is act quickly by working to remove it.
Try the Do-It-Yourself Approach
If you’re only dealing with what appears to be a small amount of mold and you want to get rid of mold, you can try the do-it-yourself approach. Before you get started, you’ll need to purchase a pair of rubber gloves, a respirator mask, scrub brush, and a non-toxic cleanser that is made to destroy the problem. You’ll need to put the gloves on your hands and place the mask over your lips and nose before you apply the cleanser to any of the mold. Follow the directions on the bottle of cleanser you choose to use, giving it some time to sit and destroy the problem. You may then scrub away at those moldy areas with your scrub brush until those areas become completely clear.
While some people may choose to purchase a non-toxic cleanser from a home improvement store, it’s possible for you to make your own effective cleanser at home with a handful of ingredients. Create your own solution by combining just one cup of vinegar, two tablespoons of baking soda, and one tablespoon of tea tree oil together into a large squirt bottle or spray bottle. Apply the solution to the moldy areas, allow the solution to soak on those areas for at least 30 minutes, and then gently scrub away at the walls, crevices, and windows with your scrub brush. Following this simple process should help you make some major progress.
Seek Professional Help For Serious Problems
While the do-it-yourself approach may work for those dealing with minor problems, it’s not always the best solution to take, especially if you’re dealing with a lot of black mold growing in several rooms inside your home. When you have a large issue on your hands, it’s better to seek the help of professional mold remediation specialists. The process involves cleaning problem areas and materials that may have had bits of this stuff growing on them. Numerous steps may be followed by the specialists to ensure they’re properly treating all problem areas.
For example, the specialists may need to determine where the excess moisture is coming from because it’s the initial cause of the problem in the first place. Finding the source is one way to solve the issue, but any mold that is already present will need to be properly removed as well. The specialists can wear protective gear while using lots of different equipment to treat your home. Once those moldy areas are detected, several areas of the home may be isolated and then a method of treatment gets put into place, which may include disinfecting, sanitizing, and scrubbing.
Mold is an unfortunate problem that can quickly develop and spread out through a home, especially in rooms with a lot of moisture. Although a quite common yet frustrating problem for homeowners, there are some practical ways to handle the situation, which may include taking a do-it-yourself approach or hiring professionals with lots of experience and the right equipment to get the job done. The approach you decide to take will depend on the severity of the issue you’re dealing with at home. If the problem is too large for you to handle alone, remediation specialists can help to clear your home of those moldy problem areas.