Maintaining oral hygiene is a vital part of life. It is advisable that one should floss before brushing the teeth in order to loosen food particles that are hidden in between teeth. It is important for one to choose a toothbrush that will effectively remove all food particles from teeth to avoid tooth decay. Upgrades have been made to toothbrushes to maximize oral hygiene raising the question, which is the best type of tooth brush between a manual and an electric toothbrush. While a manual toothbrush will help you thoroughly clean your teeth, an electric tooth brush is more effective in removing plaque. This brief article looks into manual toothbrush reviews as well as the advantages and disadvantages of a manual as well as an electric toothbrush.
Manual toothbrushes feature a wide range of bristles, colors, head shapes and styles to suit a broad variety of needs. You can buy a tooth brush with a small head for your child to use.
· They can thoroughly clean teeth when used with a good brushing technique.
· The tooth brushes are available in a wide variety of styles, colors, heads and bristles hence you can choose soft bristles in case your gums are sensitive. You will also find special prints of manual toothbrushes specifically designed to appeal to children.
· Unlike an electric toothbrush, manual toothbrushes are easy to travel with as you will just require a toothbrush case to carry the toothbrush safely.
· The toothbrushes are designed to give you control on brushing your teeth hence you can clean your teeth thoroughly by brushing for two minutes.
· They do not require charging, batteries and electrical outlets.
· They are inexpensive.
· They require consistent replacing after every three months.
· They have no timing and you will need to guess the amount of time you have taken to brush your teeth unless you set a timer. To effectively clean your teeth using a manual toothbrush, you will need to time yourself and brush for two minutes.
· Since they are inexpensive they easily break down and lose bristles.
You can access different styles, sizes, and colors of electric toothbrushes just like the manual toothbrushes.
· An electric toothbrush does all the work for you and you are assured of getting excellent results with minimal effort. According to studies, electrical tooth brushes are the most efficient in removing gingivitis and plaque.
· They are easy to use and with a powered toothbrush you will just need to place it at 45 degrees angle and it will do the cleaning work for you.
· They are fun for children. Electrical toothbrushes are most suitable for children as they can help them brush for longer as well as frequently. Children like to avoid chores and they will even refuse to brush teeth because they do not want. An electric toothbrush tickles kids and does all the work for them and finally lets them know when it is all done.
· They feature a timer that helps one now when the brushing is done ensuring that you take an adequate amount of time brushing your teeth. They clean teeth thoroughly.
· Electric toothbrushes are more expensive compared to manual toothbrushes. Nonetheless, the toothbrushes are available is a range of prices and you can choose one that is less expensive. However, the least expensive electric toothbrush is more expensive than a manual toothbrush.
· The toothbrush requires charging frequently. You will also need to replace batteries once in a while.
· The heads of some brands of electric toothbrushes are not easy to find in shopping outlets.
· They are not easy to travel with as they are bulky and require you carry a charger.
· They also break easily and even dropping the toothbrush can break it.
In both a manual and electric toothbrush you should choose a head that fits comfortably in the mouth so you can brush comfortably. It is also important to select a toothbrush that has soft and sturdy bristles.