As the world continues to be connected by technology, e-commerce is seeing a massive increase in reach, proliferation, and impact. The triple benefits of a secure payment system, convenient 24 x 7 shopping, and an incredible retail experience, many users are embracing e-commerce. Nowadays, e-commerce retailers are looking at ways and means to provide an amazing e-commerce website design experience so that it serves as a round-the-clock marketing channel is attracting site traffic, creating engagement, and aiding in conversions.
Designing an e-commerce site is not an easy job, many things need to be considered while designing an e-commerce site. Here are the five major points that we need to absolutely look into when developing a robust, secure, and scalable e-commerce site.
1. Proper platform: Choosing an appropriate platform is the key step for you if you want to build a sales-driven e-commerce website. The market has a plethora of platforms like Magneto, Woocommerce, Shopify, PrestaShop, GoDaddy and much more. Among all these Magneto is the most applauded platform and hence, it holds almost 31% of the market share. These days woo commerce is also gaining popularity among business owners with its exclusive features and enchanting looks. Now, WordPress is also considered as one of the popular platforms for an e-commerce website. WordPress is not only restricted with blogging anymore rather it is also used for making portfolio, news magazine and e-commerce purposes.
2. Responsive website: With the ever-increasing demand for smartphones and other mobile devices have made the customers to view websites through these devices. Several statistics have also claimed that most e-commerce sales will be made via mobile devices. Therefore, it becomes mandatory for you that your e-commerce site should be optimized for mobile devices so that user can easily access your site via any mobile devices.
3. Site search option is very pertinent: A plethora of statistics claimed that 30% of the visitors make an online purchase based on a search to find products or services that they are looking for. Therefore, you should incorporate search option so that your visitors can easily find their desired products or services. You may also integrate some features like autocomplete to help the visitors to find popular products or items related to their searches
4. Search engine optimization: If you want to uplift your sales and conquer your competitors, then you should go for SEO. Search Engine Optimization helps your site to show up in search engine result pages when someone searches for your merchandise, and therefore enhances your visibility and also increases the conversion rate. So, if you want to increase your rank in SERPs, then SEO is the must for you. Your website content will also play a vital role to enhance the visibility of your site and making it popular among the customers. So, you make sure that all information is precise, cogent, up-to-date and useful for the users.
5. Optimize site performance: It is a common practice for e-retailers to try to please both Google and people. Hence they try to cram in too much of SEO information at the design stage. The outcome is an over-crowded design that works against the success principles of ‘keep- it- simple’ to drive exceptional user experience.
While using these, they are actually losing customers who divert their interest to competitor sites. This is because customers are generally addicted towards those sites which load quickly so that they can manage it comfortably. For e-retailers, this means a balance of focus on user experience and SEO strategies.
So, before designing any e-commerce site, you should keep your focus on all the above-mentioned points so that you can build a strong and robust site which help you to proliferate your growth and business.