The recently concluded nopCommerce conference, “nopCommerce Days 2018” has given birth to a newfound interest in the platform, with even more eCommerce store owners taking to it. And if you are one of them, well, kudos! After all, touted to be among the most popular ASP.NET eCommerce software out there, nopCommerce does offer a plethora of features for you to create and make the most of an online store.
Having said that, how many of such features do you actually know of? Because, there are some hidden gems as well, the ones that your custom eCommerce development company doesn’t want you to be aware of, for obvious reasons. For instance, did you know that nopCommerce supports music files, eBooks and other downloadable products? Or that it’s very much possible for you to upload multiple images per product? Well, if you didn’t, here’s your chance to brush up on what you know about the platform so far.
- For starters, if you are looking forward to having a mobile version of your website, it goes without saying that nopCommerce won’t let you down, but will the mobile-responsive version work fine on just about any connected device? Luckily for you, it would, and the best part is, you won’t even have to invest in add-ons. So, if your developer talks you into paying for “extra” development, feel free to cry foul!
- On a completely different note, while it is widely known that nopCommerce has a multi-store feature, what many of the store owners often miss out on is the fact that all they can take full advantage of this feature with a single database. And somewhat along similar lines, your customers could use the same credentials to log-in, irrespective of how many stores you have. To cut to the chase, you don’t need more than one database, and your customers need not sign up over and over, every time they check out a different store of yours, which could have been quite a turn-off, so to say.
- Similarly, if you choose to work with multiple vendors, there’s, of course, this inherent risk of them interfering with each other’s activity. Not with nopCommerce though. Products from different vendors do appear in the common catalog, agreed, but if the vendors want to review their sales reports, or say, manage their products, they need not cross paths. They can simply make use of the admin panel access, and do the needful. Quite sorted, isn’t it?
- Moving on to search engine optimization, nopCommerce is in fact flooded with features that can fetch you relatively high rankings, but what is not known to many is that the platform also makes room for the localization of URLs. If you go about creating them the right way, local URLs could play an important role in increasing the chances of matching search results in other cultures and/or languages.
- Talking about yet another feature, nopCommerce payment gateway integration, it is indeed easy to integrate the payment method of your choice, and on top of that, limit the payment methods for every country you ship your products to. And given the fact that there are more than 50 options to choose from, it cannot get any easier for you to reach out to your prospects in different parts of the world.
- Next in line is shipping, one of the most important and integral parts of any eCommerce store, with nopCommerce being no exception. The platform has quite a few features for your customers, with regard to shipping, including the option to give two addresses for billing and shipping, the ability to estimate the cost of shipping, and the ease of tracking the shipments, wherever they are. But what really goes down well with them is the freedom to choose their preferred carrier. And guess what, they are spoilt for choice – it’s not every day that they get to choose a carrier based on their experience, price, or destination. Hard to beat, right?
- And lastly, while the platform does have a lot in store for your customers, it also makes it rather easy for you to live up to their expectations. Take, for example, the RTL support, something that could really come in handy if you were to reach out to prospects who read and write Persian, Arabic or Hebrew. Or the coveted External Authentication, which lets your customers log in using their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Features galore. Right from anonymous checkout to gift cards functionality, nopCommerce has everything going for it. No wonder, the software has already been downloaded more than 1.8 million times!
Contributed by www.suntecindia.com