Is there any slightest of possibility that call centers can operate without computers? It is next to impossible. For the basic functioning of the company a telephone and a computer is required. But is that all to it? What if there is high rate of incoming calls, can this traffic be regulated? What if the internet is running slow? For proper functioning of the company, will it be possible for a company to manage these situations with just a basic phone and a computer. In this era, a call center can never function without the upgraded components. With the constant change as witnessed around the world, being stagnant or being old fashioned is not the key to the solutions. The major priority of owners lies in investing in mechanics, computers, software’s and automation if they wish to deliver perfection.
This is also one of the major reasons for success of most of the renowned and established companies today. Innovative and cutting edge technologies compliment the growing needs, work pressures and assist clients in staying ahead of competition also because it enhances the efficiency and quality of services. At the same time clients expectations are fulfilled which is an important criteria for the growth of any agency.
Hardware’s and Software’s are upgraded and released on a frequent basis to ensure that the companies can use these features of these products to provide optimum solution to its customers hence enhancing their goodwill. Today the scenario is such that just about every company is dependent on the computer system for an efficient daily operation. They serve their clients through the use of these hardware’s and software’s. Any disruption in the system even for a day can cost immensely to a company and create inconvenience to the clients. That is why IT services for business cannot be ignored especially in a competitive environment where the customers have hundreds of other businesses to choose from. In order to keep up with the growing demands and needs the call centers use various electric components that assist them in empowering themselves and the clients. Few of them are as:
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) – This system is one of a kind which is an adaptation of data and integrated voice. It is a system that allows humans to interact with the computers through recorded voice. This system assists the callers with the desired information, which accelerates the entire process and enhances the calling mechanism. In case the caller wants a real human assistance then the system has the option for that as well.
- Computer Technology Integration (CTI) – CTI is termed as a telephone and computer integration. This system allows interactions on two devices to be coordinated or integrated. It is more of a desktop based interaction that help users in various functionalities such as call routing, automatic dialing, call control (such as conference call, hang up, hold, answer etc.) and transfers (includes transferring of data between two parties while both of them are on call). The CTI is useful in call centers which allows users to control their status whether they are ready, not ready, break etc. It also enables the communication channel like email, fax, voice and web interactions.
- Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) – Also referred to as automated call distribution system is a device that distributes the incoming calls to specific agents which are based on customer’s telephone number, customer’s selection. This is generally a part of the CTI. Routing the incoming calls is the task of the ACD system. This system assists in handling large volumes of incoming calls from callers who requires assistance from multiple persons such as the customer service representative or who have the need to talk to a specific person.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) – This module is an approach to managing the company’s interaction with the present and future customers. The system manages the database of customers which streamlines the work operations. This system involves organizing, automating and synchronizing marketing, sales, technical support and customer service.
- Workforce management or WFM – Also commonly referred to as Human resource management system (HRMS) and Enterprise resource planning (ERP). These systems are used to manage the data of the larger workforce and maintain the productivity. These management generally includes Career and succession planning / talent acquisition, Learning management and/or training management, HR administration, Payroll and benefits, Employee self-services, Time and attendance, Absence and leave management, Adherence / conformance to schedule, Performance management, Talent management and/or applicant tracking, Forecasting and scheduling, Workforce tracking and emergency assist and Labor budgeting.
- Telecom Billing System – This system maps the consumer usage and converts the mapped data into an informative bill for customers. In simple terms billing a client according to consumption of data is termed as, “Telecom Billing”. Details related to incoming calls and outgoing calls with their call duration, caller number, call start and end time is reflected in the bill. This precision provides a transparency between the clients and the agencies which assists the companies in building its goodwill.
- Virtual Queue – Used generally by inbound call centers to serve customers on first come first serve basis.
- Contact centers voice mail – This enables to spread the message and manage a number of people at one go. The features like the IP telephony and Internet Protocol directs the call to agents that are available without the caller undergoing the hassle of putting the call on hold or hanging up.
Besides these the outsourcing firms provide personalized services such as email, fax, voice mail, live chat and various forms of web interaction. The Call Centers are providing an entire new dimension to the PDA’s and wireless access as well.
To comprehend the helm of call center operations is not difficult. These modern systems not only provide consolidated backup but they enhance the work efficiency. With these systems you can identify new ways in which you can minimize your costs and resources.
You must log in to post a comment.