Are you interested in buying a new phone? If answered yes, you need to know that when you purchase a phone from your carrier company, it comes locked with their service. Now what would you do if you wanted to use the phone through your carrier but on another service? There are high chances that you would require unlocking your phone first. It is only when you unlock your phone that you can use SIM cards from other carriers. Now that you don’t know how to unlock your phone through different ways. Here are few ways that you should know of to unlock LG K20 Plus.
Steps of unlocking through your carrier
- Get in touch with the customer service: If you meet the requirements and demands of your carrier, you will be able to unlock LG K20 Plus for free. Hence, the first step to take is to contact your carrier’s customer service.
- Ask about phone unlocking: The steps of unlocking vary from one carrier to another but you will require being with them for at least the last 3-6 months and you shouldn’t have any installments left on the phone.
- Wait to get the code: Your carrier will give you an unlock code over your phone or will email it to you.
- Insert the new SIM: You will require having the SIM card from the new carrier. And when you insert it, you will be asked to enter the code.
- Enter the code: When you insert new SIM card in your phone, you will be asked to enter unlock code. Enter the code correctly and it will be unlocked.
Steps to unlock through a paid service
- Write the IMEI number of the phone: This is yourphone’s identification numberand this is needed to unlock your phone. You can dial *#06# to get your phone’s IMEI number. There are many phones which print this at the back of the battery. The original packaging of the phone will also have the IMEI number.
- Watch out for a service: There are many bigger companies which can sell you unlock codes for your phone. However different services unlock different devices.
- Pay for the service: You might have to wait several hours or a few days to receive the unlock code. Just make sure you provided all correct information.
- Insert your SIM card: You will now require inserting your SIM card for the service to which you’re switching to. Slots for SIM cards are located at various places and you have to find it for inserting it.
- Enter the code: Once you insert the new SIM card, turn on the phone and it will prompt you to enter the unlock code. Type the code which you got and ensure you get unlock successful notification.
Steps to unlock your LG K20 Plus
- Get the IMEI number: By dialing *#06# retrieve IMEI of your LG K20 Plus phone so that you can follow the next steps.
- Visit the website: Next you can visit any trusted and reliable websites and enter the manufacturer, IMEI and model of your specific phone.
- Unlock code will be mailed: They will email you unlock code of LG K20 Plus phone once it is ready.
- Remove the SIM card: Current SIM card has to be removed from your phone so that you can replace it with a new one.
- Switch on to enter the code: Once you switch on the phone, it will prompt you to enter the code and as you type in the code, you canunlock your LG K20 Plusand thereafter it will accept the new SIM card.
Few important facts on the unlocking process of a phone
- Any unlocked phone will support any GSM carrier.
- Unlocking your phone doesn’t have any bad impact on the performance of your phone.
- Once you unlock Lg K20 Plus, this process becomes permanent.
- You can easily increase the resale value of your phone once unlock it and make it open to all carriers.
- An unlocked phone is easier for purposes of servicing and they can be easily replaced as well
- Unlocking gives way to curbed roaming charges.
- Unlocking is totally safe and legal for your phone.
Therefore, now that you know the different ways of unlocking your phone, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with your carrier or with any third party service and follow the above-mentioned steps to unlock LG K20 Plus and use any SIM card.