Samsung has released the new Galaxy S8+ featuring a design based on premium-quality metal and glass. The curved smartphone is comes with a more powerful camera and a faster processor. With its new flagship phone, the Korean phone maker has just set the bar higher for the competition. Exceptionally long battery life is one of its most stunning features.
Its predecessor was an exceptionally elegant and powerful device. Overall, Samsung has been leading from the front in all aspects of design. With Samsung breaking new records in the design arena, Apple is poised to come with a new design for its iPhone 8 to put a good competitor across the field.
There are many other players in the segment offering a wide range of options. The LG G6 is already creating ripples with its high-value-for-money package. Things are set to become even hotter with HTC and OnePlus also gearing up for their new phone releases.
Until some groundbreaking device comes across the horizon, the Galaxy S8 and S8+ will remain the kings in the premium smartphone segment.
Some of the key features of the Galaxy S8+ are as following:
- Display: With a 6.2-inch Super AMOLED display, the Samsung Galaxy S8+ is more a phablet than just a smartphone. Just a few years ago, it was the war for 5.5-inch turf, something that seems to be smaller for the consumer. A pixel density of 529 ppi thanks to an exceptionally high resolution of 2960 x 1440 would put even the desktops to shame when it comes to picture quality. The phone is HDR 10 compliant.
- Design: Samsung has upped the war of the curves and features premium aluminum frame with Gorilla Glass 5 on both the front and the rear. The phone is available in a multitude of color options including Maple Gold, Black Sky, Orchid Grey, Arctic Silver and Coral Blue. It is IP68 certified to provide optimal protection against dust and water.
- Camera: In the camera department, the brands are no longer competing for the highest-resolution lenses. A better-performing 12MP primary camera with dual-pixel phase detection autofocus makes capturing photos smoother, faster and richer than ever. There is an 8-mega pixel front camera with a similar f/1.7 aperture.
- Processor: The new phone features an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor supported by Adreno 540 GPU.
- Software: Samsung has powered its new Galaxy S8+ with Android 7.0 Nougat. The user interface provides a polished and flawless experience thanks to Samsung Grace UX. The Bixby, Smart Connect Home and Smart Connect further enhance the overall user experience.
- RAM/Storage: The phone is offered with 4GB memory in most markets, with 6GB as an option in some regions. The device has 64GB inbuilt storage and the option to add 256GB using a memory card. It also supports UFS cards. Samsung has offered the 128GB storage option in some regions.
Sound quality has received significant boost and playing both audio and video files can be a treat. You can charge up high-quality ringtones from here and find big difference between Galaxy S8-Plus’s performance and that of other high-end devices from the competition.
The 3,500 mAh Li-Po battery is among its main highlights. It features Adaptive Fast Charging from its predecessor, wireless charging and QuickCharge 2.0. Some of the other features that give the Galaxy S8+ an edge include iris recognition, fingerprint reader, and face recognition.
An exceptionally powerful and feature-loaded device, the Galaxy S8+ has really taken things to the stratosphere in both configuration and design. The competition will have to work harder to fly higher.