Before going deeper into the process, let me tell you what is Cydia? It is a software app that comes with so many handy features that you can't live without it. Cydia is most desired app among the user of iPhone, because it allows you to get paid apps for FREE. Yes! You can use any of your choice of premium app for FREE if you have Cydia installed on your Apple device.
But sad news is that, It is not a official app by Apple and that's why you can even find that on Apple store. So in order to download Cydia you need to follow tricky steps given here. According to iPhone experts, around 25% of user who have iPhone uses Cydia and that's really big number. Cydia is FREE, so I'm sure these numbers would definitely increase when iOS 8 would be available in market.
If you want Cydia then you must have to Jailbreak your iPhone. Jailbreaking means to allow third party application to root access your device. At first you might be fear to do that but honestly Cydia is safe, secure and never ever harm your device. Due to its nature of allowing your get premium apps for FREE, it requires the root access of your Smartphone, so that it can successfully install app you want. However it it still worth to get Cydia as you can do much more with your Cydia enabled device than that of ordinary one.
How to Download and Install Cydia?
Below are the steps that you should follow to get Cydia on iPhone, iPad and iPod. It should be noted that steps are same for each and every device and works almost any iOS. Latest working build of Cydia is for iOS 7.0.1. So make sure that you have correct iOS before following any of the steps given here.
- As said earlier, you just need to jailbreak your iDevice. Jailbreaking is simple process and takes not more than 10 min. There are various software tools available in market (i.e Rednosw, GreenPoinson, Evasion) to jailbreak your Apple device. All of them follow almost same process but they are developed by different group of engineers. Please use only standard tools to jailbreak, tools given on above example are trusted.
- When you Jailbreaking you would require Internet connection with Wi-Fi availability on your Smartphone. You will also require connecting your PC with your Phone.
- Once you have completed the set-up, simply head over the official site of tools given above and download their version associated with your iOS.
- At the time of downloading, they will ask you to install Cydia, simply tick that option and tell them that you need Cydia. Now wait for few min to complete the process.
- Once the process gets completed, you would need to reboot your recently Jailbroke iPhone, iPod or iPad. After rebooting you will able to see Cydia icon on your screen.
TUTORIAL: How To Jailbreak iOS 7 & Install Cydia With Evasi0n 7-iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad, iPod
– Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
– Those who use backup passwords in iTunes must disable them for now. After doing so, iTunes makes a brand new backup. Please wait for that backup to complete before proceeding! Feel free to re-enable your backup password after jailbreaking.
– Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
– Launch evasi0n, plug in your device, and click “Jailbreak”. Just sit back and observe its progress. Watch for any steps you may be asked to perform.
– Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
– If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
Congratulation! You have successfully installed Cydia on your iDevice. Now it's time to start using that to get paid applications and themes for FREE. With Cydia you can do much more thing like themes, mods, tweaks, apps, ringtones etc. Cydia has various repositories which feature thousands of apps and tweaks that help you to completely modify your iPhone. Some of the default repos are, BigBoss, ModMyi, BityourApple etc. You can also add more and more repo from different developer by simply adding their source URL.
We can say that Cydia is deep sea which has almost every kind of apps like Internet, Wi-Fi, Themes, Background, Lock-Screen, Security, Networking, Office and much more.
Shared by cydiarepo.com.