When the launch date of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus was announced, the users were in a fix about which one to choose. One is 4.7 inch and the other one is 5.5 inch and this is not all, instead there are several other things that are making it difficult for the users to decide in the favor of one. They have their own strengths as well as weaknesses and once you are aware of that, then it will be easier to make the selection. Though both the devices have been selling like hot cakes, but still there are many who have been hovering with the idea of buying the new iPhone, but not sure whether it will be the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 plus.
Advantages of iPhone 6 and 6 plus
Here are some of the advantages of both the devices
- The Touch ID is one of the best features of iPhone 6 plus as this enables you to make purchase and also unlock your phone with your fingerprints. There might be other smartphones with touch ID, but this one works the best amongst the rest. Even the iPhone 6 comes with fingerprint sensor and it also promises easy payment procedure which will make the other payment modes obsolete in recent future.
- Battery life of iPhone 6 and 6 plus is an excellent one. It lasts almost the whole day, but in case of iPhone 6 plus, the battery life extends the next day as well.
- iPhone 6 is considered to be the slimmest of all the iPhone devices. The thickness is mere 0.27 inch with a weight of 129g. The same can be said about the iPhone 6 plus as well. Though the size of the iPhone 6 plus is bigger than iPhone6, but they have still kept it quiet light in weight.
- Predictive typing makes it easier to type in the message faster and over the time it will start predicting the right words that you will type next.
- Both the devices comes with advanced camera features and the overall performance is quite fast too due to the iOS 8
- Now with a little bit of extra money you can get storage of 64GB and 128GB
Disadvantages of iPhone 6 and 6 plus
- There is this annoying bug of iOS 8, which makes the operation of both the phone quite frustrating at times with laggy notifications, iMessage glitches, etc.
- Both the phones have a great disadvantage of not being water resistant or even dust proof display. When almost everybody is including this feature to make it user friendly, missing out on this feature is a huge drawback for both the devices.
- There is no microSD card support in the iPhone whereas the Android phones are gaining an advantage over Apple in this regard.
- The price plays a spoilt sport for both the devices because they are priced quite high as compared to its rivals.
- The non removable battery is also a great disadvantage of both the iPhones.
Ms. Sommer D. is a social media and marketing consultant. She is holding a bachelor degree in science. She shares her knowledge via linkedin for students. Keep hitting on her tag for more info.