Compressing PDF files is most of the time necessary as it involves a reduction in the size of a PDF image so as to make it compatible across a wide range of platforms and operating systems as well as local processes. The different processes are attaching to emails, printing and web uploads. Reducing the size of PDF files is important because they are very bulky, as per the amount of information they store. It is necessary to compress the PDF size in order to share such files easily while preserving the original PDF file content and structure. There are many situations when you need to store or share the PDF files and hence using a compressor software helps in maintaining the quality of the file.
PDFelement Pro incorporates all the best elements of good PDF compression software on the platform to create a perfect office companion for working with PDFs. It is a multifunctional PDF application that allows users to compress huge PDF files that can be used in different contexts. One of the main aspects of PDFelement Pro that needs to be pointed out is the use of various presets when choosing the appropriate size of the compressed file. It also allows you to adjust the default settings for personalized output PDF files. Using the PDFelement Pro, you can encrypt the PDF doc with a protected password, compress the PDF files, annotate the doc files.
- You can edit, modify, and delete the texts, images, in the PDF format.
- It is easy and quick for you to compress the files.
- It provides secure online compression.
- Annotates all the contents with a variety of tools for aligning, removing the text, etc.
- The PDFelement Pro does not only help in reducing the PDF file size but can also help in removing unnecessary objects such as text, images, watermarks, forms, pages, or comments.
Compress PDF files with ease on Windows
PDFs are the most effective and secure form of working. If you want to transfer a large PDF file then it takes a lot of time, hence it is necessary to compress the PDF files. Below we have discussed how you can compress the files.
- Open a PDF
- Launch the software and click on the ‘Open file’ button for importing the PDF file.
- Or else, you can also click on the ‘File’ menu and select the ‘Open’ for opening the PDF files which you want to compress.
- Compress the PDF file
- Then click the ‘optimize’ button which is below the ‘File’ tab.’
- Now you can choose the quality of the compressed PDF file, be it ‘Low’, ‘High’, and ‘Medium’.
- Select the option that is legitimate for you.
- You can check the file size directly.
- After seeing the size of the file and confirming it you can then click the ‘optimize’ button if you wish to compress further.
Compress PDF files on MAC
- Open the PDF file
- Open the PDFelement Pro for Mac and on the home window, you will see an ‘Open File’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Then click on it and upload the PDF file which you want to compress.
- Optimize to compress the file size
- Now go to ‘file’ and choose ‘Save as other’.
- Then click on the ‘Optimize PDF’ option which comes on the drop-down menu.
- You can choose from the different compression options.
- Reduce the PDF file on Mac
- You now will select any of the options out of ‘High’, ‘Medium’, and ‘Low’.
- After this, you can resize the PDF.
- This software will then display both the original and compressed file size.
- After this click on ‘save as’ for applying the changes.