Nothing good lasts forever, though, does it? When Facebook became a public company on the stock market in 2012, they started doing anything they could do to increase their ads revenue. So what did they do? They decreased engagement. What better way to get people to pay for more ads than to make businesses work dozen times harder to get the same amount of followers to see their posts? This idea of more revenue led to Facebook’s launch of its “news feed algorithm“. It wasn’t pretty when this algorithm came out. Over time, it has decreased Facebook page engagement all the way down to 4%. In fact, in December 2013, there was a 44% drop in brands’ organic reach in a mere 12 days, according to Ignite Social Media agency.
Through research of different pages that have actually defied the odds and gotten ridiculous levels of engagement on their pages, we have come with 18 tips to increase the results as they did. However, if you are looking for a boost in your page likes without investing time, effort, and energy, you can buy them from here.
Without further ado, let’s see the tips for increasing Facebook likes and page engagement naturally.
1. Have a goal of what kind of exposure number (people talking about this) you want to shoot for.
2. Don’t bother with hashtags on Facebook. Save that stuff for Twitter or for other platforms where it actually works.
3. Share other related Facebook page posts on your own page. This helps both pages to go viral.
4. Post on your page about 15 times per day. Like on Twitter, if only a small percentage of your followers see each post, post more and those percentages add together.
5. Make people feel good. Like comments, comment back, share, and just interact with your fans.
6. Host contests with cool prizes on your page.
7. Give email list subscribers a chance to check and like your page.
8. Have a Facebook like button or a widget for your page on your website or blog.
9. Post different types of posts. Don’t be predictable or boring. Do some videos, share some blog posts, share posts from other pages, do some inspiring quotes, post some pictures, etc.
10. Ask questions to your fans. This is one of the best ways to get some comments and engagement. More engagement means more chances to increase Facebook likes organically.
11. Invite your Facebook friends to like your Facebook page. There’s actually a button on your page for this. Take advantage!
12. Reuse old content that hasn’t been posted in a long time. Don’t post the same post multiple times a week, but every few months you may resurrect any old blog post you had shared before.
13. Know when your Facebook fans are online. Facebook has plenty of different statistics it gathers from your pages. In the post section, go and find the graph that shows which times and days of the week your fan are online the most.
14. Post at the right time of the day. According to Buffer, it tends to be more shares on Facebook posts around 1 PM and more clicks around 3 PM. Publish certain posts at certain times of the day on purpose for the best results.
15. For special weekly posts or posts for testing purposes, save them for Thursday and Friday as those are the days with the most engagement.
16. Find other Facebook pages in your niche that are doing much better than the competition. Study them, find patterns, and implement them for your page.
17. Connect your other social media accounts with your Facebook page. Many people have large amounts of followers on certain social media sites than others. Connect them as much as possible to encourage people to follow your Facebook page as well.
18. Share your Facebook updates on other social media sites, email broadcasts, etc. To do this, get the link of the individual post and paste it on other social media platforms as an update on there. This will get more traffic to your page.