Are you someone who is about to get started online? Irrespective of whether you're starting off with an online store or an e-commerce website or an informative website, it is vital for you to register the domain name with a trusted company. You must be wondering why you should choose a registration company based in Australia rather than an overseas brand? Well, your online business identity is determined by your domain name and that's why you have to ensure that you choose a company which is easily accessible at any point of time whenever you need their help. When you have to decide between a local domain hosting company and an international one, you should keep in mind factors like speed of information, level of support, SEO and update cycles. You may try out Netregistry domain registration as they have helped more than 500,000 Aussie businesses to get an online space.
Some of the common mistakes with regards to domain registration
Let's take a quick look at some of the most common mistakes related to domain registration in Australia.
- Not updating the WHOIS info: You should make sure that your registration information is up to date. In case the WHOIS information for specifically your domain name is backdated, you might not receive renewal notifications and other important updates. You have to pay a hefty fee for a lapsed domain and someone else may even register your domain name at the same time.
- Using a personal name for registering: There is yet another common situation when the company registers a domain name using personal names. Irrespective of whether it is under the name of an employee or a manager, it is vital for the domains of companies to be registered under the right name and with the correct contact details.
- Not registering the alternative domain names: Although it makes sense in registering one name for one website but what would happen if someone else registered the alternative names? Then there will be many of your customers who may find a way to the websites of other competitors. If it is feasible, register for all the names related to your brand and make them point to your site.
- Not focusing on security of domain: With the increase in identity theft, there is a sudden rise in the number of hackers. Nowadays there are more and more hackers who are hacking domain names. Hence, you should ensure that your passwords are secured enough and it can safeguard your site.
- Not registering the typo: There are some particular domains which aren't easy to spell and if you can register a domain that can be easily misspelled, this might be a good idea. Registering misspelled versions of your domain and making them direct back to your main site is a good trick.
Therefore, if you're someone who is about to register a domain in Australia, you should keep the above-mentioned mistakes in mind so that you don't commit them.