Are you struggling to increase website traffic to your auto dealership website? You are not alone in the search of the magic bullet that solves this problem once and for all. In order to get the high value targeted traffic, you need to rank on the first page of Google. If you are on the 5th page of Google, your target market will never be able to find you.
Therefore, Instead of discussing one â€˜guaranteed' trick let me discuss 7 different tips or strategies to improve the ranking of your website on Google, Yahoo and Bing.
1. Create Content that Readers like to Share
Your website should provide helpful content to car owner. You can start a blog on your website or add new pages which provide â€˜expert advice' on different topics; from vehicle maintenance ideas to guiding a car buyer through the process of buying a new car. It is important to keep your content relevant, simple, and unique. Your content can cover:
- Description of a process (i.e. How to Change Your Oil)
- Explain Advantages of Buying A New Car
- Checklists and To-do's articles, like how to measure if you need to change your tires
- Tips and Tricks Articles, like advantages of factory incentives
- All of these types of blog posts or articles are useful to a car users and buyers. These will drive traffic to your website, leading to increase in online leads.
2. Add Reputable Backlinks to Your Website
Adding backlinks from reputable website will help improve rankings in search engines. Here are 4 easy ways to build quality backlinks:
- Submit blog articles are guest blogger to reliable blogs
- Monitor backlinks from competitors and request backlinks from sites that are relevant. Do not request backlinks from untrustworthy sites or sites that have nothing in common with car business. Google may penalize your website for junk links.
- Join and participate on online automobile forums
- Post genuine and thoughtful blog comments.
3. Buy links - Yes!
No, we are not talking about black hat techniques or signing up with services that promise to put your site on hundreds of sites in one week. You may be skeptical of this technique because search engines dislike when you buy links, however, if you purchase a link or a banner ad that generates targeted traffic to your site, it will help you. For example, purchasing a link or directory listing on Yahoo Business Directory is good as Yahoo does not allow junk sites plus due to fee they charge, fly by night operations do not spend money to reserve a spot.
4. Don't Lose Your Sleep Over Bounce Rate
A low bounce rate is not the same thing as higher ranking with Google. Bounce rate identifies at what rate site visitors are exiting your website after landing on your site. As your are working on improving your ranking, work on different SEO techniques at this point. As your site start improving its ranking, you can review the bounce rate and make sure your home page and other landing pages have effective message and call to action, i.e. keeping users engaged.
5. Do Some A/B Testing with Your Web Pages
A/B testing consists of testing of two versions of a web page. Each version of the web page is run with live traffic and to determine which one is better you need to track your conversion rate. It has been said that A/B testing can hurt your page rank because you are creating duplicate content, but we are certain that testing different variations of your web page and choosing the one that is generating the most leads will only produce positive results in SERPs.
6. Create Great Content for Other Websites, Not Just Your Own
Back to the guest blogging we talked about up above. If you post an excellent article to someone else's site it gives your website authority and will most likely generate more traffic to your website. Try guest posting some of your best content to websites and blogs that have a significantly higher number of visitors per month.