Nowadays it is not enough to design and develop a beautiful, functional website that attracts your clients. If you truly wish your client to search your website online and engage themselves with it, then search engine friendly web design is essential. Search engine optimization (SEO) is a process of improving keyword rankings and the visibility of a website in organic search results.
Search engine interprets the websites differently than it looks to normal user. In this article, we’ll target different technical aspects of creating (or updating) websites so they are structured for both the normal users and search engines. Share this article on all social platforms with designers, developers and normal users as well, so that all parties who involved in a website’s creation process work on a same platform.
User Friendly website Design
Many website designers and businesses owners make the mistake of ignoring website user friendliness. As there is nothing more irritating and disturbing than visiting a web page that is difficult to navigate. User Friendly Websites can boost the performance of your website and raise your chances of accomplishment. It can also help your business by increasing sales and revenue.
That is why building a website that is user and SEO friendly is so necessary to your business. Follow these 11 tips to enhance your website performance and your target market will continuously keep visiting your website.
On Page SEO Optimization Basic Tips
- Use SEO-Friendly URLs
- Try to use your focus Keyword in your web page URLs.
- Try to manage your web page URL in 3 to 5 words.
- Do not use underscores, use dash (-) if you want to separate words.
- Avoid Long and ugly URLs
- Use XML Sitemap
- Create and submit your xml sitemap to google webmaster
- Make sure your xml sitemap is always up to date
- Start website Title with Keyword
- Website title tag is the most import in On Page SEO
- Use your focus Keyword in start of your web page title
- Write attractive and unique Titles for each page
- Do not exceed your title from more 55 characters.
- Always sue modifiers in your title. Like, 2016, Guide, Affordable, best etc.
- Meta Description
- Use Unique and attractive Meta description for each of your web page
- Make sure that the description you write contains focus keyword, especially in start.
- Do not exceed your description from more 156 characters.
- Use web page heading in an H1 Tag
- Try to use H1 heading at the start of the web page
- Make sure that your H1 heading is attractive as well and should contain focus keyword.
- Use of images
- Use Scaled Images
- Always Use Alt Tags on your images
- At least one image must contain a focus keyword in alt tag
- Use images related to your product or services
- Use CSS sprite images for separate icons
- Optimize and compress your images.
- Use Subheadings in H2 Tags
- Always use subheading in your web page
- Wrap your sub heading in h2 and h3 tags
- Write Unique Content
- Write unique and attractive content for each of your web page
- Try to use focus keyword in first 100 words
- Make your sentences short, reduce it to 20 characters.
- After every 300 characters use Sub heading.
- At least write 700 words article.
- Create Responsive Website Design
- Your website should be Responsive Design
- Test your website google Webmaster Tool & Bing Web master tools for user friendliness test
- Use Internal and Outbound Links
- Use Internal links; it helps your website visitors to easily navigate through your website
- Use outbound or external links, google will track what is your page all about and it will rank you easily and quickly.
- Manage Website Speed between 2 – 4 seconds
- Optimize your website speed between 2 – 4 seconds
- Compress and scale your images, if it is possible try to use Image dimensions as well
- Specify a cache validator in .htacess file
- Do not use Inline CSS code
- Do not use extra CSS or JS files; also reduce your http request by using image icon in CSS sprite
- Do not use iframes in your web page.
- Don’t use YouTube, Vimeo videos directly in your web page, instead of that use video in pop up
- Make your page size less than 1 MB.
- Check your website on com Weekly or Monthly
Last but not least, always use track your website using google Analytics and google webmaster tools, and resolve all issue as soon as possible. Click here to learn more how to start a SEO business.
You must log in to post a comment.