For some Goa means fun, while for others it means tranquility. The saga of defining Goa in different terms doesn't end here, as for another set of people it means natural beauty. Different people have different definition for the place; however, the reality is that Goa is among those unique destinations that stand true on all the above mentioned grounds. Following are the most popular attractions of the state that justify it as one-stop-shop for peace, fun, beauty and lot more.
Either milky white or glinting golden yellow, the long stretched beaches of Goa stand as the top tourist attraction of the place. The seducing sea breeze and the calming sight of the sun submerging into the arms of the ocean create a spell bounding ambience. The splendor of these sandy coastlines is so compelling that five of them have made their place in Asia's top 25 beaches listed on a leading travel website tripadvisor.com. Those five Goan beaches are stated below:
- Agonda - One of the less crowded beaches that offers maximum privacy to the tourists.
- Cavelossim - Bordered by coconut groves and paddy fields, this is one of the most splendid beaches.
- Mandrem â€“This is among the ideal destinations for spending some lazy moments.
- Baga - This beach is highly acknowledged for dolphin cruises and water sports.
- Candolim - Sun bathe at this place is a must do activity.
Considering the fact that Goa is among the top tourist destinations and beaches are the main crowd pullers, various beach resorts have been set up in the state. These resorts are facilitated with all the deluxe amenities that make the Goa tour worth experiencing. Further, the cuisines served at these accommodations are so scrumptious that guests can't resist licking their fingers. Some of the top accommodation options of Goa are stated as follows:
- Ozran Heights Resort - One of the finest resorts of Goa that offers high-class comfort.
- Casa Vagator - The resort portrays a beautiful blend of South East Asian and contemporary designing.
- Alcove Resort-This accommodation option is known for rendering the unspoiled view of the Vagator beach and the Arabian Sea.
Goa is a paradise for shopaholics. There are so many markets nestled in different nooks and corners of the states that tourists get tired of wandering and yet some places are left unexplored. The best part of all- the stuff sold in these markets carries the real colors of Goan culture. Some of the famous markets of the place are:
- Anjuna Market - Popularly known as the flea market is held every Wednesday. This market exhibits everything on sell, right from silver jewelry to trinkets of shell and beads.
- Calangute Market Square - The items sold here are not just from Goa, but also from other states of India.
- Mapusa-The Friday bazaar of this place is highly recognized for selling everything dipped in true Goan culture.
Wildlife has always been an integral part of many Indian states, and Goa is no exception to it. There are different sanctuaries in Goa that preserve some of the most exotic and beautiful wild species within its periphery. Listed below are some of the highly visited wildlife destinations of the respective state:
- Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary - With the backdrop of Western Ghats, this is one of the most marvelous wildlife destinations.
- Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary - Nestled in it is the Mollem National Park, where deer, monkeys, tigers and other species reside.
- Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary - The lush forest covers of this sanctuary serves as a home of many mammals, reptiles and birds.
- Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary - Both domestic and migratory avifauna species dwell here, and thus it is a paradise for bird lovers.
All the above mentioned points make it clear that Goa offers both fun and comfort to the visitors, and perhaps that is why it is a leading destination for spending some memorable moments.