When many people think about funerals, they imagine the traditional funeral service where you see people mourning the loss of a loved one. However, there is a new trend arising in the funeral industry, and it is known as a life celebration. These celebrations of life are about to change the face of the traditional funeral service. Many families in today’s world are starting to free themselves of all the formalities involved in a traditional funeral service, and they are instead choosing to go with a more individualized approach to saying goodbye to their loved ones. These new celebrations are usually personalized and focus on a more unique approach to honoring the life of your loved one.
You may be thinking to yourself that this is just a trend, and with time, people will simply tire of it and return to the more traditional funeral service. However, this is one trend that will probably be sticking around permanently. I know there may be many doubters out there, but when you look at the facts the data seems to say that this trend is not going away. Here are just a few of those facts you may want to consider before writing off life celebrations:
- In a recent study, 49% of the people polled considered personalization in a funeral to be important. This personalization includes things like music, location, food, and the service.
- On a different note, only 17% of the people in the study stated that they actually wanted to have a traditional funeral service as their final plans.
- 54% of the people polled would love for their funeral service to be a celebration of their life and not the same old traditional funeral service.
- 48% of the people polled claimed that they would also love to incorporate personal things from their life such as their favorite music, color, hobby or sports teams.
This data proves that if you are not offering one of a kind life celebrations in your funeral home, your community is probably missing out on the things they want. If you want your funeral home to be successful and to help your clients heal and get the services that they truly want, then you should look into offering life celebrations along with the more traditional funeral services. It is definitely worth trying out for you and your community, You most assuredly do not want your clients to feel as if they have missed out on what they wanted for this once in a lifetime event.
These celebration services are valuable to the family and friends of the departed. They are honestly the best of both worlds. You get to have your traditional funeral service but with a little pizazz added to it. You can add the personality of your loved one to the service to help celebrate who they were instead of only focusing on mourning their loss. By combining both elements of the services, you get to say goodbye and celebrate the life of a loved one. It is the perfect way for many to remember and honor the life of the one we loved, which is why so many are opting for this celebration of life.
By now most may be asking, how can I bring in some of these celebrations of life elements into a traditional funeral service? Here are just a few ways to do this:
- Personalize the service to the person you are honoring. You could make this personalization a small part or a big part of the service. You could decorate with their favorite flowers or their favorite color and play their favorite music or songs. You could be subtle or over the top depending on what the friends and family prefer.
- Use videos and pictures to honor the person’s life. Videos and pictures are a great way for friends and family to remember the past and all the good times they had. You can easily use computers to edit the videos or pictures to help friends and family share their most memorable moments with others during the service.
- Listen to your clients. They know the deceased better than you and can let you know what the deceased would have liked to be featured in their service. Make it a special event tailored to them. They will have the best ideas for you to use to help them celebrate the life of their loved one.
- Do not be afraid to step outside of the box. The friends and family want a service that they can treasure and cherish forever. You don’t want to let them down because you are stuck on doing the same type of service over and over. Make your clients happy and give them something they can hold on to by taking that extra leap.
Information Shared by https://medical-stretchers.com/