- They hate having to lug garbage to the landfill. Let’s face it, nobody wants to hook up a trailer to a truck and fill it full of junk only to drive to the landfill to do that difficult task of unloading everything.
- They aren’t very good at cleaning. When their mother was teaching their sisters how to clean house, they were probably outside working on cars with dad.
- They don’t know which cleaners work the best. Men don’t spend all afternoon watching soap operas which also come with commercials to let them know what the latest product is.
- Men are usually too tall to bend over the kitchen sink to do dishes. This is a real physical pain for them.
- Most single men live in some type of apartment. If this is the case, they don’t want to have to walk across the parking lot to take out the household garbage.
- Men usually work longer hours than women. They also do more physical labor than women do. This means that they are going to be much more tired when they get home at night. The last thing that they want to worry about is straightening things up.
- Men honestly don’t care what their house looks or smells like. Most men don’t realize that the household garbage needs to go out. They also don’t realize that laundry needs to be done until they are ready to get dressed and they don’t have what they are looking for. It’s not because they are irresponsible people, it is because they have a different frame of mind than women do.
- Men’s hands are usually larger than women’s. This means that they are going to have a harder time getting deep down in those cracks.
- Household garbage is usually not a problem for most men. They will pick up the big chunks and leave the rest behind.
- They don’t like to be told that they are doing things wrong. Most women have a special way that they like to do their cleaning. If a man knows that his wife is going to be right behind him giving him tips, he is going to leave everything for her to do.
If you are married to a man who is not very excited about cleaning, be patient with him. Remember, he has his own way of doing things. He will be more likely to step forward and help you if he can do it on his own.
If you are someone who likes to do the cleaning yourself, you can at least leave it up to your guy to take out the household garbage. Hopefully, he will be happy to step forward and do this minor chore to keep your home tidy. In the meantime, compliment him when he does try to help. He will be more likely to do it again.
An article published by Sam Moser. Sam was inspired by his wife when she paid a visit to the Scarborough Disposal web store during their home renovation.