Usually, when making a renovation in your home, you not only buy some new pieces of furniture, but you also buy some new lamps and other sources of light for your house or apartment. You probably choose them in a way that matches the overall interior design of your home and the rest of the pieces of furniture in every room. And still, there are some other tricks that you may follow in order to use the best home lightning design ideas in an appropriate way.
You shouldn’t underestimate the role of the lightning in your home, because it is lightning that helps you bring a certain atmosphere in every room of your home. Some well-chosen sources of light may satisfy all your needs and requirements, because they will help you create a relaxing, romantic or bright and festive atmosphere for every occasion. And the design of the lamps and sources of light you choose speak about you and your home no less than your clothes, hairstyles and accessories. Bellow, thanks to HouseCleanLondon, you can find the basic tips and ideas about home lightning.
As a rule, home interior designers divide types of interior lightning into three types depending on their functions: basic lightning, additional lightning and decorative lightning. The best thing you can do for your home is to start using all three types of lightning.
- Basic lightning
Basic lightning is a must in every room. The only exception might be your bedroom, in case you use it for sleeping only. Basic lightning consisted of chandeliers until recently, however, in the least few years there were offered also some other solutions for basic lightning located on the walls or the ceiling of the room. The most important thing for basic lightning is to choose a soft, non-irritating light that is able to illuminate the entire room. It is the basic lightning we turn on every time we enter a certain room.
The availability of basic lightning is very important for the overall look of your home and also for your confidence. If the basic lightning of your home does not fill you with energy, this may lead to fatigue, drowsiness, visual disturbances, headaches and even depression. That is the reason why interior designers’ advice is not to give up basic lightning. In addition, built-in corner lights do not provide your home with enough light, so you better don’t count on them and use them in conjunction with other sources of light.
- Additional lightning
Additional lightning usually performs specific functions. You may put a reading lamp next to your favourite armchair, or a built-in lamp over your kitchen counter, another lamp on your desk and over the mirror in your bathroom, etc. These sources of light may come from the same series as the ones you have used for your basic lightning, or on the contrary - you can use a completely different style that is combined with some other element of the interior design of your home.
- Decorative lightning
Decorative lightning is the one that has no other functions than emphasizing the highlights and details of the interior of your house or apartment. There are different types of decorative lightning you can use for your home - candles, stairs lamps, built-in lamps that are used to illuminate some wall niches, paintings or aquariums. If we have to put this in other words, decorative lightning is mainly used for creating a certain atmosphere in some room.
Along with the home improvement fashion trends in furniture and home interior design, home lightning also changes. Here are a couple of ideas that you can use in order to create a contemporary look of your house or apartment.
- In order to deal with dark corners in your home, use the so-called "light spots". These spots are available in different shapes and sizes, so you can put them in a way that only the emitted light can be seen. One of the most perfect places where you can put a "light spot" is in a vase with floral decoration.
- Install a couple of additional sources of light under the cabinets in your kitchen. This will not only provide you will more lightning, but will also help you create a modern-looking kitchen.
- Add a decorative lamp on one of the bookshelves in your living-room.
- If there is no place for a bedside table in your bedroom, install a night lamp directly on the wall or choose a model that descends form the ceiling.
- Clean thoroughly all lamps in your home on a regular basis.
- Chance the bulbs when necessary.
- Put some "light spots" near the paintings on the walls in order to make the atmosphere more relaxing.
- And above all, do not be afraid to experiment, because your home is a reflection of your personality, which means that your home lightning will only help you to express your uniqueness.