Did you know that there are actually different types of hedge trimmers on the market, each of them just as capable as the rest at keeping your unruly garden in check? When choosing between these trimmers to decide which will be the best for your needs, it is important that you weigh up the pros and cons of each of them. This article will provide you with basic information to help you determine which one best meets your requirements.
Corded Electric Hedge Trimmers
- Pro: Electric models that feature a power cord are relatively inexpensive to invest in. You should be able to pick one up for a hundred dollars or so.
- Pro: This type of trimmers also require far less maintenance than many of the others on the market. Providing that you keep the machine clean, you shouldn't have to do much else.
- Con: Because these electric models need to be plugged into a power outlet in order to be used, you will be significantly restricted in where you are able to use the machine.
- Con: These machines are not as powerful as many of the others on the market, which means that much of your garden debris may be completely unsuitable for the blade.
Cordless Electric Trimmers
- Pro: These electric models are powered by rechargeable batteries, which makes them much quieter to run than other models. This means that you can work early in the morning.
- Pro: This type of trimmers don't have the same sorts of restrictions that the corded models do, which means that you can use them anywhere with relative ease.
- Con: These machines are some of the heaviest on the market, especially as the battery is known to add a considerable amount of bulk. Your arms will grow tired very quickly.
- Con: Because they run via battery, these machines are even less powerful than their corded counterparts; often, they will only last for 30 to 45 minutes before dying.
Gas Hedge Trimmers
- Pro: These models are extremely powerful and will be able to cut through all kinds of garden debris with ease. This will also allow you to complete work much quicker.
- Pro: These trimmers do not need to be plugged in or recharged, so you can use them for hours at a time, providing that you have brought plenty of spare fuel with you.
- Con: These machines are actually incredibly noisy, which means that you could disturb neighbours. You will not be able to use the machine early in the morning or late at night.
- Con: These models are known to produce large volumes of fumes that can have an affect on your health, although a little exposure won't do very much damage at all.
When choosing a hedge trimmer for your property, it is important to consider your needs and do some research on all the models available. By familiarizing yourself with the pros and cons outlined in the article above, you can determine what is important to you and what you can probably put up with. Never make a decision without doing this first, as you will probably live to regret it.