Wedding season is at its peak and you must be ready with your checkbooks. Along with this, you also must be thinking about different ideas to trim down unnecessary wedding cost, as the biggest concern with the wedding is destroying budget. If you look at the bigger picture, it can get difficult to cut down on the budget as everything seems equally important for a perfect wedding. But if you start with a list of the most important elements, it somehow gets easier to set the priorities and save money.
In short, you need to miss something to save money, but without compromising with the fun and enjoyment in the wedding. Here are some simple ways to help you cut down on the wedding budget.
1. Advance booking: This is something everyone knows but still ignores. If you know your wedding date, you can book vendors and venues in advance to save money.
2. Online invitation: I understand that you have been planning for long to get the best wedding invitations and amaze your guests. But getting those invitation cards printed and then sending them via courier or by visiting them personally is time-consuming as well as expensive. Why not keep pace with the trend by sending online invitations via email, social media or chatting apps? It will save a lot of time, efforts and of course money.
3. Fix out-of-season date: The main objective is to enjoy the wedding to the fullest and it can be done at any time of the year. So why not get wed out-of-the-season to save money. It helps you get huge discounts and complete attention of all the vendors as well as wedding planners.
4. Minimize use of real flowers: Save around 50% of your wedding budget by replacing imported real flowers with artificial flowers.
5. Up-cycling: You can save a lot on decoration by reusing flowers or stage for different ceremonies. It is also beneficial for the environment.
6. Plan it well: You must have thought of many things for your wedding decoration, but this is not important to include everything. You are also not bound to follow everything your wedding planner says. You can discuss your budget with them and can get the suggestions that look equally amazing without making a hole in your pocket.
7. Bargain: There is no harm in trying your luck and throwing your cards when talking about the charges. You should try to save money by bargaining with wedding vendors, wedding photographers, caterers and makeup artist to get the best deal.
8. First copies: You dream to wear a designer lehenga on your wedding, but it is too expensive. Visit Delhi or Jaipur for first copies of designer lehengas and that too at half of the price. Who checks the labels!!
9. Restrict DIY: Undoubtedly DIY is a great idea to give your wedding decoration a personal touch, but it can also increase your budget a lot. Further, you also need to spare a lot of time to visit different shops and collect every decoration item. It is better to let the top wedding planners in Delhi take this responsibility and handle all the preparations.
10. Save where you can: If you are planning destination wedding near the beach or some other exotic location, you can avoid heavy decoration and let the beauty of the place play a vital role. Choose your wedding venue carefully and you can save a lot on decoration.