A door can be more than the primary entryway to your home. It can be the most noticeable feature of your home’s exterior and thus require as much attention. Some homeowners even go through the extra effort of customizing the entryway to their house. It can be an expression of one’s personality too!
Since this is the primary access to the interior of one’s home, a door should be sturdy and safe. With constant use, along with the effects of environment, a door can take much damage through time. This is one reason why you should always consider a door that is made of the most durable material. One popular option for homeowners today is composite doors. Truedor are composite door manufacturers and they offer a wide selection of composite doors.
What is a Composite Door?
The primary factor that differentiates one door from another is the material used. Always remember that choosing a door made from poor materials can leave your home exposed to threats! What is a composite door anyway? Composite means that it is a combination of different materials. Composite doors are usually crafted from PVC, wood, insulating foam, and glass reinforced plastic.
How Are Composite Doors Made?
Are Composite Doors Really Better?
Composite doors have become quite popular because of the following benefits.
- There are different types of composite doors to choose from. There are composite doors that can be designed to look like natural wood but without the downsides, such as wood-eating insects. Composite material will not be prone to termite attacks and warping.
- They are usually made of many layers, making it durable and resilient. It also consists of insulating foam core making it suitable for cold weather.
- Virtually no maintenance is required on composite doors. The glass reinforced plastic skin will not warp, fade or crack.
- They are also thermally efficient. Whether you live in cold or warm climate, you are assured that heat or cold cannot escape.
- They allow customisation. Manufacturers often provide a range of options in terms of style, colour, size, and design. Regardless if you are looking for modern, or traditional door designs, you can always find a composite door that fits your aesthetic.
- They also offer increased security. Most composite doors come with the anti-drill, anti-pick, and anti-snap cylinder. You will surely feel more at ease while you are inside your home.
- Another benefit of using a composite door is its weathertight seal. Your home will be safe from the elements.
A safe and peaceful home is everyone’s dream. You can surely achieve this if you make sure that every part of your home is made of durable, excellent quality material. The door to your home should not only be beautiful, but it should also be a stronghold to keep you and your family safe.