Your posture says a lot about your personality. It also says a lot about how your joints and muscles are working. Here are some important things you need to know about your possible postural deviations and how to fix them with simple, but effective actions to take on a daily basis. A waist trainer can be a good use for this, but let’s get into it later.
How you look and feel is directly related to your posture. Despite the importance of having good posture, most of us don’t do anything to improve it. We go about our lives with hunched backs and imbalanced hips, and deal with pain because we think it’s normal.
Correcting the alignment
In order to solve a problem, you first need to pinpoint the cause. Most postural deviations occur because the muscles that work to hold a joint in place are imbalanced. Generally speaking, one muscle group will be too tight and the opposing muscle group will be too loose or weak. When imbalances like these occur, overactive muscles compensate for underactive muscles, which causes tension, fatigue, and discomfort. The easiest and most effective way to correct imbalances is to stretch the overactive muscles and to strengthen the underactive muscles.
Exercises to help you improve your posture quickly
- Shoulder rolls: Stand or sit in a comfortable position. As you inhale, raise your shoulders and shoulder blades to your ears. On the exhale, pull your shoulder blades down and together. Repeat 5 to 10 times
- Chest Release: Raise your arms to just below shoulder height with palms facing forward. Exhale as you slowly rotate both hands at the wrists so your fingers point slightly behind you. Take three to five breaths.
- Chair Pose: Stand and raise your arms in front to shoulder height. Contract your arm muscles. Exhale as you bend your knees (no more than 90 degrees) and keep them over your toes. Take two breaths; stand. Repeat three times.
- Standing Side Bend: Touch your left hand to the side of your head. Ground both feet and guide your head to the right until you feel a stretch along the left side of your body and shoulder. Take three to five breaths. Switch sides.
- Pyramid: Step your left foot back so it rests fully on the floor. Square your hips. With your legs straight, clasp your forearms behind your back, exhale, and lean forward from your hips (don’t round your spine). Take three to five breaths and rise. Switch sides.
You can also follow these following tips to ensure you are in alignment: Hold your head high and straight without tilting it forward or to the side. Your ears should be in line with the middle of your shoulders. Afterward, pull your shoulder blades back and down to lift your breastbone. After that, tuck your abdomen in, but be careful not to tilt your pelvis forward or backward. Keep your knees slightly bent and shoulder-width apart.
Benefits of a waist trimmer belt
Waist trimmers are becoming more popular as a weight loss and fitness accessory by the day. People swear by their benefits, though there is some controversy about their effectiveness. These sweat belts operate on a technology that promotes fat loss in the targeted area. Along with a proper diet and regular exercises, they make for a weight loss accessory that is highly appreciated. These belts are ideal for personal health because they not only contribute towards your weight loss regime but also provide support to your back and keep your posture straight, making you look and feel great.
This accessory not only allows you to get rid of that extra fat around your midsection, as it also improves your body posture because it grips your stomach and makes you stand straight. You will even get additional support from the belt when you are working out.
Waist trimmers can be worn at any time to get the benefits and maximum slimming visual effects. It’s common to wear them at work, at school or during any other daily activity – but is imperative to remember to never excess 8 hours per day wearing it.
The belt also acts as a girdle to keep those extra bits of flab tucked away, giving one a more appealing look. Add to that the posture enhancing they provide and the top waist trimmer can help boost your overall self-esteem.
Whilst your waist trimmer won’t allow you to effortlessly lose pounds and inches, it can inadvertently remind you to eat better, exercise more to help foster healthy weight loss and keep a correct posture even when not wearing one. The constant reminder of having compression on your waist could be enough to entice you to switch to a salad at lunch or hit the gym after work. When you wear the waist trimmer, you may find that the constant pressure acts as a constant reminder of your fitness goals and help you find the motivation to achieve them.
Contributed by https://www.ijoobi.com/