A quick research on the internet will help you find a new and alternative branch of medical treatment known as Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). This new alternative branch of medical treatment has been found to be effective in a wide variety of medical conditions, while researches are being carried out to explore new horizons.
The effectiveness and growing success rate of hyperbaric therapy in the USA have motivated many to take the treatment to the masses. There are many Hyperbaric Chamber Manufacturers who are continuously experimenting and creating effective hyperbaric chambers in an effort to reach more suffering patients offering them back a healthy and fit body and life.
What is HBOT?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy involves the inhalation of 100% oxygen under a pressure higher than the normal pressure. Such an atmosphere is created in a chamber known as the hyperbaric chamber. Such a chamber is filled with pressurized air which can be compressed up to thrice the pressure of sea level.
Thus, in a hyperbaric chamber, the air pressure and the concentration of pure oxygen is increased, which in turn increases the concentration of oxygen in the patient’s bloodstream. The oxygen penetrates deep into the body tissues aiding a quick and effective healing process. In other words, HBOT has the power to rejuvenate a dead cell leading it on the path of recovery.
What are the benefits of HBOT?
Numerous researches and experiments are relentlessly conducted across America as well as the world to use the therapy to treat a wider range of medical conditions.
The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has approved the use of hyperbaric chambers in certain specified conditions like decompression sickness while still has not approved it as an authentic treatment for a number of serious health conditions like Parkinson’s disease or cerebral palsy.
The American College of Hyperbaric Medicine and the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society have listed down fifteen medical conditions in which HBOT is known to have produced a positive result.
Moreover, during experimental trials, it has been seen that there are more than fifty unapproved medical conditions where HBOT has shown more positive results in comparison to conventional medicine. Here is a list of medical conditions where HBOT is used as an alternative medicine or in combination with conventional therapies.
- Abscesses – HBOT helps in penetration of antibiotics and oxygen in areas of the body which otherwise are poorly penetrated.
- Wound healing – This therapy helps in healing large wounds which may otherwise take months to heal.
- Thermal burns – HBOT helps in the diminishing of the infection thus, resulting in improved healing and increased rate of survival.
- Fractures – It helps in the healing in post-fracture conditions like infection, pain, and swelling.
- Spider bites – With HBOT intervention, the initial necrosis and swelling can be controlled.
- Skin flaps and grafts – HBOT prevents inflammation and infection and helps in neovascularization thus, improving the healing process for skin grafts and flaps.
- Cyanide/Carbon monoxide poisoning – In the hyperbaric chamber, toxic gases are pushed out of the blood stream and the therapy helps in tissue growth and regeneration with an extra amount of oxygen.
- Lyme disease -In the hyperbaric environment, the organism perishes.
Other medical conditions
Apart from the medical conditions mentioned above, both hyperbaric chamber manufacturers and researchers are of the opinion that HBOT is producing positive results for a list of unapproved medical conditions like:
- Pain management
- Renal, hepatic and bowel inflammation
- Post intervertebral disc herniation
- Abdominal sepsis
- Spinal cord and Brain edema and compression or injury and Degenerative myelopathy
- Abdominal sepsis
- Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis
- Post CPR, ischemic or traumatic shock
- Cardiac disease where ischemia
A ray of hope
The hyperbaric oxygen therapy is fast turning out to be an effective source of alternative medical treatment that has the potential to treat a number of diverse medical conditions. Thus, more and more research institutions and hyperbaric chamber manufacturers in the USA are investing in it for its wider reach and effectiveness.