Cancer is a group of diseases which involves the abnormal cell growth with the potential to spread or invade to the other parts of the body. It is also known as malignant neoplasm or malignant tumor. Not all tumors are cancerous and the benign tumors do not spread to other parts of the body. The cause of cancer is still unknown and the possible signs and symptoms are prolonged cough, abnormal bleeding, change in bowel movements and unexplained weight loss. There are over 100 different types of cancer which affects human beings.
Cancer is a dreaded disease and hence undergoing cancer treatment is necessary. In this article, you'll find the top 10 cancer treatment hospitals in India.
Cancer Treatment Hospitals
If you or your loved one suffers from cancer, then you should immediately start looking for better treatment. You should first of all make an appointment with the best hospital that provides you cancer treatment options. While opting for undergoing cancer treatment ensure that the hospital has accreditation and highly qualified doctors and surgeons. You should also check for the facilities provided by the hospitals as well as consider the costs for different treatments.
Why choose Indian Hospitals?
India has been rapidly proving its expertise in the medical health care sector and has no scarcity of hospitals of international standards. There are various Indian hospitals that provide cancer treatment and surgery at reasonable costs for international patients. The hospitals in India use latest techniques and equipments for cancer treatment. There are multispecialty cancer hospitals in India that are expertise in various cancer surgeries.
The Indian hospitals have best infrastructure facilities in the world at reasonable costs. They have readily available appointments for outpatient services for 6 days in every week.
Top Cancer Treatment Hospitals In India
Considering the availability of top class cancer treatment hospitals in India, many international patients visit here to get better cancer treatment at lower price. There are high tech cancer surgery and treatment hospitals in India that offer a comprehensive range of laboratory and imaging services to outpatients.
The top and renowned cancer surgery hospitals in India are listed below:
- Apollo Hospital: It is recognized as the Architect of Healthcare in India. As per the statistics, over one thousand new patients receive cancer treatment every year at Apollo Hospitals. The highest standards of the hospital and specialist consultants here ensure you get better treatment for cancer. This justifies for its top position for cancer treatment in India.
- Fortis Hospital: At Fortis Hospital the patient gets world-class medical treatment. It is India's foremost tertiary care facility in oncology. It encompasses the comprehensive medical solutions for consultation, diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
- Artemis: This hospital is NABH accredited super specialty healthcare venture. It has integrated world-class healthcare system by applying the best medical practices that are backed up with cutting edge technology for cancer treatment.
- Nova Specialty Hospital: This is a top-notch hospital that considers utmost patient care and satisfaction. It offers a quality healthcare service that reaches one and all. It offers support to patient from surgery to rehabilitation and hence it is well known hospital for cancer treatment in India.
- Max Super Specialty Healthcare: Max Super Specialty Hospital (MSSH) is a multi-specialty hospital that has a team of well trained and highly experienced consultants and surgeons for treating cancer. The hospital provides highest standards of medical and patient care by focusing on excellent service.
- Columbia Asia Hospitals: It is an international healthcare provider that has highly skilled medical experts. It ensures that the doctors and surgeons deliver expert medical care as per the patients need. It is renowned globally for the surgical oncology.
- Medanta Hospital: It is one of India's largest multi-super specialty institutes that offer highest standards of medical care along with clinical research, training and education. It incorporates both modern and traditional method for treating cancer at affordable rates.
- Jaslok Hospital: This is one of the oldest tertiary care and multispecialty Trust hospitals that offers well developed services for oncology treatment.
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital: It offers services and empowers the patients to make informed choices while opting for any medical treatment. They excel in providing quality medical care for people looking for cancer treatment.
- Jupiter Hospital: This multispecialty care hospital serves you with the best health care facilities in India. It provides patient a clear advantage to win the war against cancer by means of best technology, support and a world-class infrastructure.
- Kaatsch P, Sikora, E, Pawelec, G (June 2010). “Epidemiology of childhood cancer”. Cancer treatment reviews 36 (4): 277â€“85.
- Wanjek, Christopher (16 September 2006). “Exciting New Cancer Treatments Emerge Amid Persistent Myths”. Retrieved 17 August 2009.