If you are feeling the nagging pain in your back and no longer find a comfortable position when sleeping, it is time to make small adjustments to your daily habits to have a healthy pregnancy. These minor changes during pregnancy can make a big difference regarding how healthy and productive you feel.
This guest post helps women who are in the precious stage of pregnancy with tips on how to stay comfortable when expecting.
Using Body Pillow
At the time of pregnancy, you should invest in body pillows. When you are no longer able to lie flat on your back or your belly, you can only lie on your right or left side to fall asleep properly. Pregnancy mostly leads to lower back pain and a pinching hip pain, so having extra support does help. A body pillow is useful because:
- It keeps your hips and back at the even position when you put it between your legs.
- The pillow can curve around your back to support the back portion in a better way.
- Pillows are soft, and hence, they get struck by at one position and restrict the body from moving. Due to this, the body set back on pillow resides comfortably.
Feel Morning Sickness? Eat Watermelon
Eating might be the last thing on your mind when you are suffering from morning sickness, but it is imperative that you eat some watermelon at that time because:
- High water content and fruit sugars in watermelon can actually help to ease up morning sickness and prevents dehydration.
- The fruit even assists in reducing swells, soothe heartburn, and prevent muscle cramps during the third trimester of pregnancy.
Rely On Coconut
Coconuts are acknowledged for their numerous beneficial assets, many of which are considered as extra during pregnancy. This is because:
- Coconut water contains a considerable amount of potassium and other electrolytes that prevent dehydration and firmly regulate heart functions with blood pressure.
- Coconut oil can be applied on the stretch marks to reduce their appearance and moisturize the skin.
- Consuming coconut oil will also boost the immune systems of both the mother and the baby.
Exercising is a good way of staying fit during pregnancy. Taking out 5-10 minutes a day to focus on your body becomes necessary because:
- Stretching your body will help it relax and enable you to handle the stress better.
- Practice yoga poses as well as focus on breathing and stretching the back, quads, and lower back. This will keep the body flexible and result in less painful delivery.
Start Consuming Nutritious Foods
Food, at the time of pregnancy, can be a friend or foe depending on mood, trimester, health and host of other factors.
- The spouses should arrange what your pregnant partner likes to eat and stock up those so that she can have it at any day time.
- Try to include healthy snacks if your pregnant partner is at the risk of gestational diabetes.
- The people around need to be prepared for expectant mothers can suddenly hate what she loved yesterday and love food what she hated in previous days.
Walk and Walk
During pregnancy sitting or driving for a long time can hurt your back, so it is important that you develop a liking for walking because:
- Walking leads to more strength and makes the body fit.
- Walking makes the body active and disallows dizziness.
So, if you stay at home during the day, get up and walk before you start to ache even more.
So, these are some of the top guidance that every pregnant woman can expect for a comfortable pregnancy keeping the healthy notions on the priority level.