In today’s fast-paced society, standards in both our professional and personal lives that we’re expected to maintain are at an all-time high. Lifestyles are constantly in motion, and the average brain is on information overload setting. There are lots of ways to counteract the frenzie, like taking up healthier, relaxing practices like yoga as well as minimizing distractions like social media. But the hottest new trend on the market is nootropics, also known as cognitive enhancers or brain boosters, which have shown to assist in brain health and overall lifestyle improvements. Studies have shown that nootropics can improve clarity, memory retention, focus, and energy in all different areas of life – at school, work, the gym, and even at home. Here’s a full list of the top benefits that nootropics have to offer.
- Nootropics reverse age-related decline. Aging is an unavoidable reality of life, but luckily there are ways to slow down the process, both physically and mentally. The effects of aging include a slower metabolism, increased stress, impaired vision, dark eye circles, wrinkles, and memory loss. Nootropics have proven to reverse several effects of aging through improving brain health and calming the nervous system. When your mind is less stressed, so becomes your body.
- Nootropics improve your mood. Constantly being in a foul mood not only makes someone a nightmare to be around – it also negatively impacts their health and well-being. Many nootropics contain mood-enhancing effects that can heal ailments caused by a poor mood such as stress, social anxiety, and sleep deprivation, leading to more positivity in a person’s day to day life. The happier you are, the more confident you become, and the better your life, career, and the personal outlook becomes as well.
- Nootropics increase concentration. Poor concentration is often a result of a stressful lifestyle, lack of sleep, and poor mood. Nootropics improve brain clarity and motivation, allowing a person to have increased concentration. Once the ability to concentrate on tasks has improved, productivity improvements follow soon after.
- Nootropics improve brain health. Because of many of our hectic lifestyles and growing responsibilities, people who don’t take proper care of themselves, like eating a healthy diet or going to the gym regularly. As we’re all well aware, a lack of healthy habits can have detrimental effects on the body. But an unhealthy lifestyle can also seriously impact the longevity of a healthy brain. Nootropics have proven to improve brain cell growth, oxygen flow, and interactions between neuro-connectors, all of which are essential to long-term memory recall and overall data comprehension.
- Nootropics reduce side effects. Many people already rely on “smart” supplements to get them through the day, such as multiple cups of coffee as well as other stimulants, both prescription and non-prescription. The good news about nootropics is that they have low toxicity and when used as a replacement for other smart drugs outside of the nootropic class, they have shown a reduction in side effects. There are many different types of nootropics, both natural and synthetic, yet evidence has shown no addictive ingredients in nootropics.
- Increased creativity and reasoning. Are you more of a left-brain or a right-brain personality? Regardless, both the creative and logic-oriented parts of your brain become more highly activated with nootropics. They have the ability to improve problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and innovation. So if you’re stuck on a problem at work, or have always wanted to pick up a creative hobby like painting or woodworking, nootropics can help you along the way.
As listed above, there are plenty of reasons that nootropics can improve a person’s overall quality of life. Higher levels of concentration, confidence, and creativity are all things that lead to higher productivity and a more positive outlook on life. Whether you have trouble finishing schoolwork on time, or you easily fall into procrastination mode at work, or you just can’t find the motivation to hit the gym, nootropics can give you that extra boost to improve your health and well-being.
If you’re considering trying a nootropic supplement, always consult a medical professional beforehand.