Hemorrhoids appear when the veins that lie in the rectum or anus are swollen or inflamed. It is divided into two types: The internal hemorrhoids and the external hemorrhoids. Internal hemorrhoids present inside the rectum while external hemorrhoids develop under the skin around your anus. If hemorrhoids are not checked and treated carefully, they can result in some severe cases, such as strangulated piles, colorectal cancer, anal cancer, tissue death, and chronic blood loss. Luckily, we offer you some natural home remedies using olive oil for treating hemorrhoids. Olive oil is considered to be a potential treatment for hemorrhoids at home. Let’s take a look at this article for more detail.
What Are The Causes Of Hemorrhoids?
There are several factors that lead to hemorrhoids, such as low fiber diet, obesity, food allergies, deficiency of physical activity, gravity, prolonged standing or sitting, constipation, improper use of laxatives, family history and heavy lifting, pregnancy.
The common symptoms of hemorrhoids are:
- Bleed when the bowel moves
- Blood lumps or clots around your anus
- The urge for going to the bathroom when there are no stools
- Irritation happens near anal area.
Is Olive Oil Good for Hemorrhoids?
Olive oil contains anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the burning area and shrink the swelling.
Olive oil remedy boosts the elasticity of blood vessels that aids in reducing the pain of passing of hard stools.
Since it owns mono-saturated fatty acids, olive oil can improve the bowel movement functionality.
It reduces the size of hemorrhoids.
It eases the itching which is caused by hemorrhoids.
Top 9 Natural Ways On How To Use Olive Oil For Hemorrhoids
There are many natural ways on how to use olive oil for hemorrhoids at home. Pick the effective remedy that is suitable for you and try it on a regular basis in order to get relief from hemorrhoids quickly.
- Olive Oil & Plum Leaves
This application can reduce the pain, swelling, and other discomforts that are caused by hemorrhoids.
- Crush a few plum leaves and remove its juice.
- Add olive oil to the juice and mix well.
- Apply the remedy on hemorrhoids.
- Repeat the solution two times per day.
- Olive Oil For Hemorrhoids
- Take directly 1 tsp. of olive oil on an empty stomach.
- Follow the remedy every day.
Note: You can also dip a cotton pad into the olive oil and apply it to the hemorrhoids. Repeat the application two times a day.
Remedy 2: Ozonated Olive Oil
This kind of olive oil is useful in treating the hemorrhoids issue naturally. It encourages the healing by cleansing the area and delivering oxygen directly. Thus, the swelling & discomfort are reduced.
- Apply directly some ozonated olive oil to the hemorrhoids region.
- Reapply the remedy two times a day.
- Olive Oil & Ispaghol husk
This application can offer you a difference in this health issue within 3 to 4 days.
- Mix 2 tsp. of ispaghol husk with 1 tsp. of olive oil.
- Mix well and drink it slowly.
- Repeat the solution 2 – 3 times per day.
- Olive Oil & Turmeric
Turmeric stops the bleeding, reduces the inflammation, and works as a healing factor. Furthermore, it aids in preventing further formation of hemorrhoids.
- Mix olive oil with turmeric until the mixture becomes a thick paste.
- Then, apply this paste to the anal area.
- Let it dry completely.
- Repeat the application as often as needed to heal quickly.
Note: You may slightly warm this solution.
- Olive Oil & Tea Tree Oil
As you may know, tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory properties that shrink the swelling. In addition, it helps to prevent the hemorrhoids from becoming too severe.
- Mix 1 tsp. of olive oil with 2 to 3 drops of the tea tree oil.
- Then, apply the remedy to the anal region.
- Reapply the remedy 3 times in a day.
Note: You should remember to patch test the remedy before using it on the anal region. Because this oil is extremely strong, it can lead to a burning sensation or irritation. If it is showing any side effect, you should not use it.
- Olive Oil & Cypress Oil
Cypress oil can aid in controlling the bleeding and healing the issue.
- Mix 2 drops of the cypress oil with 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Apply the remedy to the anal region.
- Let it dry completely.
- Reapply the remedy 2 to 3 times per day.
- For better results, add two drops of lemon juice to the solution.
Note: You should patch test on your arm before using the remedy to the anal area. If it results in any burning sensation or irritation, you should avoid following it.
- Olive Oil & Lavender Oil
Antibacterial & pain-relieving effects of lavender oil can help in reducing itching, swelling, and burning caused by hemorrhoids.
- Mix few drops of olive oil with few drops of lavender oil.
- Apply the solution to the hemorrhoids area by using a Q-tip.
- Repeat the application 2 – 3 times in a day.
- Olive Oil, Garlic, &Vicks
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic.
- Add 2 to 3 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Then, add 1 tsp. of vicks vapour rub and mix them well to create a paste.
- Apply it directly to the anal region. Alternately, you can take a clean cotton pad or ball to dip in the remedy and apply it to the anal area.
- Follow the application every day before going to sleep. Remove the remedy in the morning.
Note: After applying the remedy, you will feel the burning sensation for about 20 to 30 minutes. Then, you should follow with a cool menthol sensation within 30 minutes. By morning, the symptoms will be declined to a maximum level.
- Olive Oil & Lemon Juice
Many nutrients of the lemon juice can give you relief from the symptoms of hemorrhoids.
- Prepare enough amount of olive oil & lemon juice and combine them together.
- Apply the remedy to the anal section by using a cotton ball.
- Let it dry completely.
- Repeat the process 3 times per day.
Tips & Precautions:
- Consume plenty of fiber-rich foods to soften the stools, which will prevent strain on your existing hemorrhoids.
- Clean your anal area thoroughly with warm water.
- Soak in lukewarm water for about 10 to 15 minutes. This process will relieve the pain and stop the bleeding.
- Apply cold compress on the anal area in order to relieve the pain & welling.
- After going to the bathroom, you should wipe with use wet toilet paper instead of dry toilet paper.
- Drink lots of water in order to soften the stools.
- You should not hold the need to go the toilet. Go as soon as when you feel the urge.
- Avoid holding or straining your breath when passing the stools because it may create more pressure on your veins.
- Avoid standing or sitting for too long.
- Exercise frequently to avoid constipation.
- Overuse laxatives can lead to hemorrhoids. So don’t do that.
Contributed by https://effectiveremedies.com/