It's a gross understatement to say that obesity has become a serious trouble over the world in recent years. It is one of the fastest growing health crises and most importantly the effect of obesity grows on everyone including child and adults. For the last thirty years the rate of obesity has tripled for children aged 6-11 and doubled for the adolescents aged 12-19. This is a dreadful trend in today's world.
Fast food is named so because it can be prepared and served quickly. So it is so famous food among the working people and students. Moreover, it also tests yummy and that is the reason children like it too! But fast food can also be defined as the food with little to no contributions to the daily nutrient value of your diet but provides fat and excess calories. So while this food is time saving, it has no nutritive value in your body. Moreover those foods contain high amounts of fat, sugar, and calories. Common foods include salted snack foods, gum, candy, sweet desserts, fried fast food, and carbonated beverages. Fast food may include chips, hot pies, pasties, sandwiches, burgers, croissants, kebabs, pizzas, chicken, soups, and salads. It also includes drinks, for instance, milkshakes, and soft drinks.
Food is critical in life as it fuels our bodies to carry out important daily chores. But many people don't take the time to know the possible side effects that such food may cause. While taking food most people may only think about the portion, size of the food. Moreover some people will think about the taste, smell, and color of the food. I am not talking about the hygiene or freshness of the food. Just harvested or cooked foods sometimes may have disturbing side effects.
In this article we will discuss about the negative side effects of the fast food.
- Fast food provides extra fats or calories
- It resists insulin in the human body
- It causes high blood pressure, headache, acne, and depression,
- Many fast foods and drinks are loaded with carbohydrates and, consequently, a lot of calories which results in difficulties for digestive and cardiovascular systems.
- Fast food does not fulfill all needs of your body and sometime causes disorders. This is because it lacks the essential nutrients of the body.
- Fast food consumes too much money as compared to home prepared food. People with low income can hardly afford continuous use of fast food. And the worst thing is that while it costs more, it adds very little to your body.
- To remain healthy it's important to maintain the timing of your food intake. But if you are a fast food consumer, it can be taken any time and at any place. So it's harmful for maintain the health consistency.
These are the main negative effects of fast food consuming and we need to prevent the intake of fast food in order to keep a healthy life. There are several ways in which we can maintain a healthy life style. There are different clinics nowadays which are offering the treatment related to obesity problem. So it's not hard to solve the obesity problem. And obesity is a disease which is reversible and curable as well. Moreover we should keep one thing in mind that, Food is fuel for your body and has a direct impact on how you feel as well as on your overall health. Most importantly, you can prevent obesity by eating right and minimizing intake of fats and sugars as they contribute a lot towards this health problem.
You must log in to post a comment.