IBS is known as Irritable Bowel Syndrome that disturbs the bowel movements of an individual. It causes the pain in lower abdominal pain, bloating, cramps, constipation, diarrhea, gastric problem, general weakness, disturbance indigestion, fatigue, difficulty in sleeping, anxiety, & depression, etc. Irritable bowel syndrome is a gastrointestinal disorder. There are many food items that disturb the irritable bowel syndrome patients such as onions, lentils, garlic, cashews, avocado, ginger, chilies, etc.
IBS is a challenging situation that creates problem in daily routine. Many of the patients of IBS took different treatment but not get any relief. There are various herbs and natural remedies that can treat IBS from the root cause. It deals with all the problems related to IBS patients. The herbs like coriander, fennel, bilva, ginger, & mint, etc give good results in IBS patients. Use all these herbs in home remedies form so that it provides you relief. Here are some herbs along with the natural remedies that will help to treat IBS naturally given below in details:
1. Coriander: This herb shows anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, digestive, & carminative properties that give good results in IBS. It gives relief from abdominal pain, cramps, bloating, & gastritis. Use the fresh leaves of coriander for preparing soups. You can also take fresh juice of this herb as it is equally important. The dried form of this herb is used for the preparation of decoction.
2. Turmeric: The herb is used for reducing inflammation, pain, cramps, & bloating. Use this herb in raw as well as capsule form as it is good for health. Take powder of the turmeric and use this for preparing your food. The capsule of this herb is also prepared in the market so eat this once daily.
3. Mint: It is coolant in nature that helps in calming down the gut. Take a few leaves of mint and chew it early in the morning for keeping a healthy digestive system. This herb provides natural relief from IBS.
4. Ginger: The herb ginger contains anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant, & immunomodulator in nature. This natural herb helps in reducing inflammation, pain, remove toxins, & abdominal cramps. Use this herb in herbal tea form. Take ginger in spices form & use for cooking purpose.
5. Bilva: This is an amazing herb for treating irritable bowel syndrome. The fruits of this herb keep your digestion healthy, removes constipation, abdominal pain, & abdominal cramps. Bilva shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, & laxative properties. The ripe fruit of bilva can be used for eating or for making juice of it. Drink its juice for making your gut healthy. This fruit is very good for IBS patients.
6. Fennel: It is another herb that is good for irritable bowel disease patients. The herb shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, carminative, analgesic, & digestive properties. All the toxins are removed from the body with the use of this herb. It keeps a healthy digestion in the body, reduces bloating, & abdominal pain. Take a teaspoonful of fennel seeds & chew these seeds, the juice of the seeds are beneficial in digestion. Prepare a fresh herbal tea by taking a few seeds of fennel in a glass of water. Boil it until remaining half glass. Filter the mixture, let it cools down, & drink this herbal tea for reducing pain & inflammation in the body.
7. Carom seeds: Since our childhood time we are listening that if we are getting any gastric problem, pain in the abdomen & bloating then take a few seeds of carom. As it provides quick & good results. So it is one of the effective herb & natural remedy for IBS. This herb gives good results. Take half teaspoonful of carom seeds to add a pinch of black salt in it. Eat this with a glass of water once or twice daily. An herbal tea prepared from its seeds is also equally important. Take a teaspoonful of carom seeds in two glasses of water. Boil this when one cup is remaining filter the mixture. Let it cool down and drink this herbal tea once daily.
8. Psyllium husk: This husk is good for removing constipation & maintaining good digestion in IBS patients. The antioxidant nature of this herb removes all toxins from the body. It is laxative in nature that helps in removing constipation. So you can take a teaspoonful of Psyllium husk in a glass of water, cow’s milk, curd, or in the soup. It can be taken once or twice daily in your daily routine.
9. Kutaj: This is a natural herb that naturally treats diarrhea in IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) patients. The powder of this herb is good for getting relief from excess loose stools. So take a teaspoonful of the powder of Kutaj with a glass of water. Use this while you are facing the problem of excessive stool. It also helps in keeping a fit digestion & digestive system.
10. Green Coconut Water: This is a wonderful remedy for reducing general weakness, fatigue, provides a good digestive fire, keep your gut cool & healthy. The antioxidant nature of coconut water removes all toxins from the body and keep you hydrated every time. So for naturally keeping you healthy & away from irritable bowel syndrome always try to use coconut water. It will keep you fit and healthy.
These all are the natural herbs that can be used as natural remedies for IBS patients. Use three to four home remedies at home for dealing and managing the signs and symptoms in IBS patients. Along with these natural remedies try to keep yourself away from fast foods like pizza, burger, noodles, sandwiches, etc. Always try to include healthy food and diet.
Drink fresh juices of apple, pomegranate, oranges, pineapple, etc. Herbal juices are also beneficial in this situation like aloe vera, amla, bottle gourd, & Triphala. If you face excessive constipation than you can also use a teaspoonful of Triphala powder with a glass of lukewarm water as it will provide you effective results.