Feeding your little one what the rest of the family members eating is often a difficult task for moms to get over than it really is for baby. But your baby is prepared and technically has been ingesting tenderer, simple variations of adult food for a while now. It’s good to not telling food as “adult food” or “kid food” because it creates confusion for your baby that he should or shouldn’t eat these foods. Your baby can try almost all foods right now if he is nearly 1-year-old; moreover this is the best time to offer him those foods which you are eating daily. Through some parents trying to offer his baby foods specially made for them, this article is for those moms and dads. You will get an idea about some baby food recipes for 1-year-old babies in this article. Keep reading.
What foods can I offer to my child?
Pediatricians divide baby foods into four groups as like, you can offer your baby foods with different flavors from this four groups:
- Vegetables and fruits
- Grain products
- Milk and dairy alternatives
- Meat and alternatives
Make sure whatever you offer him, made with a little salt or sugar. Excessive sugar can lead to tooth decay.
What can I offer my baby to drink?
Do you know what the best drink in the world is? It’s nothing other than breast milk. If your baby is not breastfed than water will be the best drink for him. If your child is not more than 2 years old, we recommend offering him breast milk.
But if he no longer breastfeeds, offer him cow milk (not more than 750ml a day), if he denies to drink it, consult with a pediatrician, he may suggest you alternatives.
Do not offer him juice or soft drinks or other beverages. If you want to feed him juice, give little amount (of course home-made) without adding any sugar. It’s better if you feed him juice with meals, it prevents tooth decay.
Baby food for 1-year-old babies:
Some snacks ideas for your child:
- Oatmeal with milk
- Beef or chicken with soft cooked vegetables
- Milk with fruit smoothies
- Dessert tofu with fresh fruit like apple
- Small cubes of cheese with whole grain crackers
- Whole grain crackers with butter and mashed avocado
- Milk or yogurt blended with fruit
- Yogurt with fresh fruit
- Applesauce with whole grain
- Rice pudding made with milk
- Whole grain bread with milk or cheese
Some meal ideas for 1-year-old babies:
- Sandwich made with egg, tuna, chicken etc. which is easily chewable
- Soft cooked and cooled vegetables
- Softly cooked pasta noodles with fish or chicken
- Oatmeal served with milk and mashed fruit
- Homemade pancakes with thinly spread butter and fruit
- Omelets with soft cooked vegetables or toast
- Sweet potatoes and whole grain short pasta noodles
- Rice with small pieces of meat, chicken, or fish, obviously boneless
- Chicken soup and tomato sauce with crackers or a bun
- Vegetable soup served with crackers or a bun
- Fish cooked with tomato and cheese with breadsticks
- Pasta with tomato sauce or cheese
- Chicken, beef in small pieces stir-fried with soft cooked vegetables and rice
- Rice or pasta and small pieces of tender beef with cooked vegetables
- Whole wheat or cornbread with chopped tomatoes, rice, roti.
- Soft vegetables backed with cheese
- vegetable khichudi made with various vegetables.
What type of foods I should avoid for my baby:
- Do not offer your baby raw or lightly cooked meat, fish or eggs or unpasteurized milk.
- Some babies may have allergies to the specific type of foods like dairy or meat etc. If your baby has these types of problem talk to a pediatrician and avoids these type foods.
- Avoid fish with bones
- Avoid whole peanuts, nuts or hard candy.
Try to avoid those foods also which can cause food poisoning or diarrhea, as baby’s stomach is not well-developed as adults. I’m telling about those foods which your baby takes more time to digest, like dairy products or meat products.
Try to avoid extra sugar also as this can lead tooth decay. Much spicy food may create a strong aversion to foods, avoid this also.
We strongly recommend trying all the adult foods in a small amount with your baby who is more than 1-year-old. This will help to grow up the habit of eating normal foods.
That’s all about baby foods ideas for your growing toddler, let’s try to make.
Contributed by: http://momion.com