Breast cancer - is a type of cancer occurring in many women nowadays. The number of cases is increasing day by day. According to a study, 16% of all female have breast cancer and 22.9% are invasive forms. Other value is 18.2% of deaths are caused by breast cancer-combining both men and women.
Developed countries are found to have more breast cancer cases when compared to developing nations. The reasons may depend upon the life styles. This is observed from a study of National Cancer Institute that 232,340 female breast cancers and 2,240 male breast cancers are reported in the USA every year and near about 39,620 deaths are caused by the same disease.
Breast cancer is abnormal growth of breast cell and tissues. Cancer for the most part starts with the development of a little, restricted tumor (irregularity), or as calcium depositions (microcalcifications) and after that spreads through channels inside of the breasts to the lymph nodes or through the circulatory system to different organs. The tumor may develop and attack tissue around the chest, for example, the skin or midsection divider. There are various kinds of breast cancer which develops and spread at distinctive rates-some take years to spread while others develop and spread rapidly.
Breast Cancer â€“ Causes
Specialists are not completely sure about what are the reasons of breast cancer. It is difficult to say why one individual adds to the malignancy while another does not. We realize that some danger variables can affect on a women's probability of creating malignancy. These are:
- Inactive lifestyle
- unhealthy food
- irregular sleeping hours
- Family history
- Early menstruation
- Late menopause
- composition of Breast tissue
- Exposure to radiation
- Using birth control pills
- Hormone replacement therapy
Symptoms of Breast Cancer
It is necessary to check for symptoms to get early diagnosis of any disorder and so is for breast cancer too. Some signs of cancer are as follows
- Breast lump
- The patient will see pain in the armpits or breast which does not seem to be related to the woman’s menstrual cycle.
- Changes on the skin of breast, Pitting or redness; like the skin of an orange.
- You can observe a rash near and surrounding the nipples.
- Armpits are swelled or may see a lump.
- thickened tissue area in a breast
- discharging nipples; sometimes it may contain blood
- changes in nipple's appearance; looks like sunken or inverted
- Breast changes its size and shape.
- The nipple-skin starts peel off; scale or flaking of breast skin is observed.
Breast Cancer – Treatment Overview
Breast Cancer is dealt with utilizing a blend of surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Surgery is generally the first sort of treatment you’ll have, trailed by chemotherapy or radiotherapy or, sometimes, hormone or organic medicines. The sort of surgery and the treatment you have thereafter will rely on upon the kind of Breast malignancy. The specialist will tell about the best treatment arrangement with you.
Surgery for Breast Cancer
Surgery is one of the safe treatment options. There are different kinds of surgery but surgeon will advise a particular type depending on the stage of cancer, physical health and age. Other factors are also known to select specific type. Following are types of surgery:
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Axillary lymph node dissection
- Breast reconstruction surgery.
Contributed by http://www.indiacancersurgerysite.com/
You must log in to post a comment.