It is a universal desire for all females to have those perfectly colored, luscious and voluptuous lips. Why wouldn’t one want to have that natural pink tinge that makes your lips look all the more attractive. But the main problem that arises is lips’ tendency to get damaged quite often. Lips are prone to get chapped, discolored, dark and patchy due to environmental vulnerabilities, unhealthy lifestyle, evil habits, stress, etc. all these factors affect the coloration of the lips making them dark and unattractive. To restore and gain the texture and natural pink of the lips, just a little bit of extra care and prevention can help it all. You can easily obtain those charmingly pink and attractive lips. After all, these small little things add a lot to your wholesome persona and looks.
As discussed, it depends a lot on the lifestyle. Habits like smoking, consumption of tobacco, alcoholic intake and using harmful chemically based cosmetics lead to the discoloration of lips making them dark and flaky. This can further damage the lips leading to worse lip problems. Basically it all depends on your personal care. Even if you are not luckily involved in all these evil practices, there are a number of other factors that would start affecting your lips in lack of proper care. Discoloration of lips may even occur due to direct sun exposure, dry and cold temperatures, too high temperatures, extreme levels of humidity, acid rains, pollution, imbalance of nutrients and blood circulation, sleeplessness, stress, etc. Other diseases and their side effects may also include discoloration of lips.
These were some reasons and factors that lead to discoloration of lips, but now, you don’t have to worry at all. Reading on further, you will get to know some fantastically superb and easy tips that would help you attain those perfectly colored lips.
The therapies, processes and techniques listed below, are undeniably reasonable and easy, and do not demand for much of your time in looking for the ingredients as they are present right in your kitchen. Read on to find out the methods:
1. Moisturize your lips properly: the delicate skin of your lips requires consistent moisturizing as it the lips are devoid of any moisture or sweat glands unlike other parts of the skin on the body. Lips contain very small amount of naturally present skin oil called sebum. Deliberate and regular moisturizing keep lips pink and healthy and easily available products like coco butter, shea butter, coconut/ olive oil, petroleum jelly, milk cream, etc. keep your lips healthy and prevent discoloration of lips.
2. Mixture of Pomegranate seeds and milk for the perfect color and nutrition: this is another very effective and alternative technique to acquire attractive and naturally pink colored lips. This mixture would also avoid the discoloration of your lips. All you have to do is just crush some pomegranate seeds and mix it well with a small quantity of milk cream. Apply this mixture over your lips regularly as it provides redder and healthier lips and the mixture is also free from any kind of side effects since it is totally natural.
3. Cucumber juice- the ultimate beauty solution: cucumber is not just salad but a beauty ingredient since ages, even for your discoloured and darkened lips, cucumber juice can lighten your lips into a beautiful pink colour by just regularly rubbing a slice of cucumber over your lips which would let the cucumber juice to soak in properly. The process should be repeated at least five times a day for best results.
4. Mix rose petals in milk for the natural colour: Rose petals along with a little milk or milk cream, glycerine and honey can generate great results to cure discoloration of lips. All you have to do is :
- Soak some rose petals in milk for some time.
- Crush these soaked petals to make a thick paste.
- Now add some honey and glycerine to this paste.
- Now apply this paste onto your lips and leave it on for some time say ten minutes.
- Lastly, rinse off this paste with milk.
5. Use Berry Mixture to colour your lips: Dark and discoloured lips may also be healed by using berries such as raspberries and strawberries. Actually, berries contain certain vital vitamins and minerals which help the lips to remain naturally tinted and vibrant. Just make a paste of either of the berries and add some Aloe Vera juice and honey to it. Apply the paste for a few minutes and then rinse it off. Do not forget to moisturize your lips after this process.
6. Massage your lips with lemon juice: Massaging your lips with the combination of sugar and lemon restores the natural light pink color of the lips, as lemon works to naturally blanch your lips and sugar works to get rid of the dead skin cells.
The procedures mentioned above are tremendously caring and effective as they provide certain results. These tips generally come into action when your lips begin to discolor. But if you want the prevention, there are a few simple tips which will check your lips from discoloring in any way. These include:
- Quit smoking as it gradually darkens and discolor your lips making them look dark and dull. Also it is very harmful to your overall health.
- Avoid licking or sticking out your tongue on your lips as it gradually discolors them and makes them dry and dark.
- It is always suggested to use a sunscreen while going out as your lips may also get darkened due to the direct exposure to the harmful rays of the sun.
- Drink a lot of water to keep your lips naturally hydrated.
- Remember to wipe off your make up every time properly, before you go to your bed by using olive oil or almond oil over a cotton ball and gently rubbing the lip products off your lips.
It is hence recommended to follow these simple tips and measures to naturally augment the colour of your lips and avoid the discoloration as these techniques are completely cost effective, suitable and most significantly, free from any kind of side effects.
Want to know more about Lips Discoloration? Read this article at Consumerhealthdigest.com where it tackles about all the important points regarding Why Does It Happen?