Tea tree oil is also called Melaleuca alternifolia, is a kind of oil that has many benefits for skin, hair, and health. Tea tree oil is extracted from the leaves of the tree. This essential oil is commonly used for treating fungal infections, acne, ringworm, insects bites, vaginal infections, toothache, herpes, ear infections, sore throat, mouth infection, etc. Keep reading the article and learn how useful it is.
- Improve Skin Complexion
If you are getting the pimple, dark spots, or blemishes, tea tree oil might be helpful for your skin. It is very simple to use the oil for the skin complexion like this:
- You prepare some tea tree oil and dip a cotton swab in the oil.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- You also can use to wash your face.
- This is a natural remedy you should try at home.
- Do it 2-3 times each week to improve skin complexion.
- Reduce Razor Burns
Razor burns are the uncomfortable problem in the skin, however, you can use tea tree oil to cure it properly and effectively. Here is the instruction:
- Shave some drops of tea tree oil on a cotton swab.
- Apply the oil on the skin to soothe skin sensation.
- You can use this oil more frequently to prevent the burns as well as other skin problems.
- Treat Ingrown Hair
Ingrown hair is another skin condition that hairs are curled around and grown into the skin instead of growing up. Ingrown hair is very uncomfortable skin problem and you can use tea tree oil to treat it naturally at home.
- To heal ingrown hair, you should dilute the tea tree oil in the water.
- Then you apply the mixture on the affected skin.
- Use it every day until the problem is solved.
- Treat Fungus
Tea tree oil has anti-viral, antiseptic properties that can be used to cure the fungal nail and the foot infection. This ingredient is also used to treat boils, burns, wounds, and cuts on the skin.
- For treating the fungus, you should use tea tree leaves.
- Boil with some water.
- Then you dilute the oil and apply on the affected skin.
- The oil will reduce the itching, redness, and comfort the skin well.
- Improve Dry Skin
Almost of essential oils are great for dry skin. Tea tree oil is such an ingredient and it is very useful in treating dry skin. Here is a useful tea tree oil treatment for dryness.
- You mix some teaspoons of tea tree oil with a teaspoon of almond oil.
- Apply on the dry skin and massage it gently.
- Leave it for some minutes and have a bath regularly.
- This treatment will soften and make the skin look glowing and supple.
- Cure Acne
Treating acne is a good tea tree oil treatment for acne. Actually, there are many creams or cleansers that can help you treat acne, but you might get allergies from them. Meanwhile, tea tree oil is a safe natural ingredient and it can help reduce acne successfully. You should follow this direction:
- Mix some yogurt, honey, and some drops of tea tree oil together.
- Stir well and apply it on the acne by using your fingertips.
- Do not apply it too thick.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with water.
- Do it every day to remove the acne soon.
- Good For Corns
This is another tea tree oil treatment you should know – the corns and warts? Tea tree oil might be a good option you can choose and here is the way to use tea tree oils for corns.
- You take some pure tea tree oil.
- Apply it directly on the corns.
- Do it twice every day to get the best result.
- You should not use it directly if the skin is sensitive. Instead, diluting the oil before applying.
- Treat Skin Rashes
Tea tree oil is not only used to treat burns, cuts, and itchiness on the skin, it is also used to cure rashes effectively and permanently. You also can use it to remove the skin tags very well due to the antiseptic property. One of the simplest ways to treat rashes is to add tea tree oil in the bath water. You should use it every day to get rid of the fungus, bacteria, and rashes on the skin. Also, you can use tea tree oil after having the sunburns. It is safe and can clear the rashes due to sunlight.
- Treat Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a skin problem that leads to crusty, flaky, and red patches on the skin. The patches appear on the lower back, knees, scalp, and elbows and other parts of the body. This condition appears around 2% of citizens in the UK and it might occur in any age, but almost of the patients are under 35 years-old. You can follow this instruction to cure psoriasis:
- You put some drops of tea tree oil in a bowl.
- Add some water and use a cotton ball to apply on the affected skin.
- You can apply it before bedtime and rinse off in the next morning.
After reading the article about tea tree oil treatment, I hope that you have learned some useful information to take care of your skin effectively at home. If you have any question, please leave your comments below.